Submit a site
Products and Services
Materials for Health Professionals
Self Help Materials
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
The National Partnership to Help Pregnant Smokers Quit
- The National Partnership to Help Pregnant Smokers Quit is a coalition of diverse organizations that have joined forces to improve the health of this and future generations by increasing the number of pregnant smokers who quit smoking.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Collection of links from 4Anything.com.
A Guide to Smoking Cessation
- Gor people wanting to quit smoking, for physicians and students who want to help their patients or just want to gain more knowledge.
ACS: Quitting Smoking
- Overview from the American Cancer Society, covering: why is it so hard to quit? Why quit? The nicotine patch and gum, and the nasal spray and inhaler; zyban; other methods of quitting; a word about success rates; how to quit; dealing with withdrawal; staying quit; what to look for in a stop-smoking group or class; weight gain; stress; Q&A.
ACS: Tobacco & Cancer: Quitting Tips
- Tips on quitting from the American Cancer Society.
Accenthealth.com: Quit Smoking - A Guide
- Do you want to quit smoking? Don't let stories of weight gain, mood swings and cravings leave you passive or indecisive. It's never too late to kick the habit with tips from this guide.
Alt.Support.Stop-Smoking Usenet Newsgroup Web Site & Archive
- Features a FAQ, quitting tips, an archive of past newsgroup articles with information to help break the habit of smoking. Includes links to other sites.
American Lung Association's Tobacco Information.
- Features information from the ALA about smoking, Freedom From Smoking program, and tips of quitting the habit.
Anti Smoking Links
- A collection of quit smoking links and resources.
Arizona Cessation Training and Evaluation Online
- Quit information, resources, and services.
Arizona Smokers' Helpline
- Offers research-based toll-free telephone outreach and support service to Arizona residents who are trying to quit tobacco and remain tobacco-free. Includes information on the effects of using tobacco and online email help from a certified counselor.
Arizona Tobacco Education and Prevention Program
- Information on statewide projects, youth tobacco use, links to cessation and prevention resources.
Ash-UK: Quitting Smoking
- Support for smokers who want to give up or cut down. Most the 10 million smokers in the UK like to stop smoking. You are not alone. Many in the UK have given up. Of those that call our helpline, the majority either give up completely or cut down.
Aviation Medicine: Smoking Cessation/Tobacco
- Summary of effects of tobacco, with emphasis on physiologic effects related to flying; quitting info, which emphasis on smoking cessation for pilots.
Blair's Quitting Smoking Bulletin Board
- Huge bulletin board on the subject of smoking cessation.
Bud Ellis's Home Page
- A web page in the memory of Bud Ellis who died August 23, 1998. Bud speaks simply and plainly about his life, as he was nearing its end. Also good resources on quitting.
California Smokers' Helpline
- A free quitting resource, including self-help materials, local program referral listings, and one-on-one counseling, available to anyone in California. Specialized services for teens, pregnant women and tobacco chewers.
Can You Quit Smoking?
- Personal tale on quitting.
- Help from Arizona's Tobacco Program.
Cigarette advertising to counter New year's Resolutions?
- Research study looks at whether there are more cigarette ads in January and February, and why.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor