Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Randomized Controlled Trial of Smoking Cessation Counseling after Myocardial Infarction
- A hospital-based smoking cessation program consisting of inpatient counseling and telephone follow-up substantially increases smoking abstinence 1 year after discharge.
ACP Observer Nov 96
- American College of Physicians (ACP) message to its chapters: help end smoking where you live.
AHCPR Smoking Cessation Clinical Practice Guidelines
Acupuncture to stop smoking
- Review of published scientific studies on use of acupuncture to stop smoking.
Counseling to Prevent Tobacco Use
- Includes prevention as well as cessation. Summary of research on effectiveness of counseling by health professionals.
Dental Cessation Program Responsibilities
- Responsibilities and tasks for different health professionals in a dental office, including dentist, dental hygienist, dental assistance, receptionist, in a tobacco use program.
Effectiveness of Interventions to Help People Stop Smoking
- Evaluates different methods and gives recommendations.
Help Your Patients Stop Smoking
- From the Physician's Guide to the Internet.
Helping Smokers Quit: Ask, Advise, Assist
- A guide for primary care clinicians.
Is Bupropion an Effective Treatment for Smoking Cessation?
- Slide presentation: smoking and what it's costing Americans; pharmacology of buproprion; review of the literature; cessation results, safety and adverse effects; other medications; NRT; cost; recommendations for clinical practice; bibliography.
Lecture Outlines from Tobacco Topics in Dentistry
- Lectures given to dental students. Prevalence and the systemic and local effects of smoking and spit tobacco use; smoking as a cause of periodontal diseases; effects of tobacco use on dental treatment results; nicotine addiction; stages of change; clinical interventions; use of nicotine and non-nicotine pharmacologic therapy; tobacco industry influence; role of oral health care providers in policy and media advocacy.
NCI Protocol for a Dental Office
- Tobacco use cessation protocol for dental offices from NCI.
Nursing Center for Tobacco Intervention
- Educates nurses in delivery of tobacco cessation interventions.
Occupational Therapy and Smoking Prevention and Cessation
- NYU Department of Occupational Therapy materials.
Opportunities for Improving Inpatient Smoking Cessation Programs: A Community Hospital Experience
- Cohort study examined the role of smoking during hospitalization, duration of cessation counseling, patient awareness of the hospital's smoke-free policy, belief that smoking is associated with a current symptom or disease, and the presence of withdrawal symptoms with 12-month smoking cessation symptoms among inpatients enrolled in a smoking cessation program.
Oral Cancer, Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation
- Poster session from health conference; abstracts included.
Pharmacotherapy of Smoking Cessation
- The nicotine nasal spray, nicotine inhaler, bupropion hydrochloride, and OTC nicotine patches, have increased treatment options physicians can offer to smokers. Reviews scientific data on the efficacy of approved medications, benefits, adverse effects, and appropriate use of these products.
Postgraduate Medicine: Nicotine Dependence symposium
- Three papers from a medical symposium. Prevention is the ultimate "penicillin" for lung cancer; cessation is still the best medicine. Drug therapy to aid in cessation -- tips on maximizing patient's chances for success. Counselling patients to quit: what to say, when to say it.
Smoking Cessation Approaches and Options
- Presentation-ready slides on smoking, myths and facts, model for quitting, findings and recommendations, tips for helping patients quit, smoking cessation methods.
Smoking Cessation Consumer Tools Kit
- "Two Questions, Three Minutes, A Lifetime of Difference for Your Patients"
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor