Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Info from Quit Victoria: deciding to quit; getting ready to quit; staying a non-smoker; coping with setbacks; helping others quit.
- Collection of tutorials on smoking and quitting.
Rush North Shore Medical Center's Stop Smoking Clinic
- Lots of self-help material for smoking cessation and reinforcement materials for ex-smokers on relapse prevention. Check under link of Reinforcement Materials. Site and material developed by Joel Spitzer.
- A magazine devoted exclusively to quitting smoking.
Smoke Free International
- Free program with demonstrated high success rate offers information, support, and programs.
- Guide to smoking cessation resources in Virginia, quit plan tips and links to related sites to help you stop smoking or using tobacco and gain freedom from nicotine addiction.
Smokefree New Zealand
- "Designed by kiwis for kiwis", free program includes information, step-by-step instruction, and support.
Smokenders Australia website
- Instructional and group program; claims 92% success rate, but doesn't mention how or when that number was arrived at. The usual testimonials.
Smoker's Hall of Shame
- Support, information, and links to help smokers quit. Lots of animations.
Smoking - Why Is It So Hard to Quit?
- Science article from American Council on Science and Health offers overview and a little advice.
Smoking Cessation Consumer Tools Kit
- Although primarily aimed at helping doctors educate patients, mcuh of the material is helpful to anyone who wants to quit smoking.
Smoking Cessation Programs in Rhode Island
- Listing of over a dozen smoking cessation programs in Rhode Island using a variety of proven methods to help people of all ages quit smoking.
Smoking Cessation Research Program
- If you are a smoker in the greater-Boston area, who is interested in quitting, visit our site and learn more about free smoking cessation treatment studies.
Smoking Cessation Resources in New York City
- Compilation of agencies, organizations, phone numbers, where to call, who to call, where to go, when groups meet.
Smoking Cessation by About.com
- Find help you need to kick the habit and stay smoke-free. Fight your nicotine addiction, and keep your hands busy after quitting.
Smoking Cessation, Quality of Life, and Older Pesons
- Information on and access to materials concerning smoking cessation, the effects of smoking cessation on the health of older persons, and the value of healthy lifestyles for older persons.
Smoking and Quitting
- On-line support network at medbroadcast.com. Also articles and tools include detailed plans for quitting, myths around quitting, the withdrawal experience, and medications.
Smoking and hypertension: Lifeclinic.com
- Learn how to stop smoking and reduce your hypertension. Quitting strategies and how to quit smoking for good.
Smoking cessation - What works?
- UK health site has evidence of effective interventions collated in a guide.
Smoking: A quitter's tale
- The power of suggestion, plus $39 and a little willpower, help our intrepid reporter kick the habit.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor