Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
FDA Announces that No Over-The-Counter Smoking Deterrent Works
- The Food and Drug Administration has concluded that no over-the-counter smoking deterrent product on the market today has been shown to be effective in helping people quit or reduce smoking. These over-the-counter products include Cigarrest, Bantron, Tabmint, Nikoban and others. Several prescription products have been approved as smoking cessation aids.
Nicoderm settles consumer fraud lawsuit
- "Minnesota Attorney General Hubert Humphrey III said that SmithKline Beecham violated consumer fraud laws by suggesting smokers could quit permanently by using the products, when studies showed users were likely to resume smoking after a year.
One Woman's Struggle to Quit
- Boston Globe Magazine provides an extensive look at starting and quitting.
One smoker's struggle, one man's success
- article in Lexington Herald-Leader.
Putting Out The Flame: Smokers who want to quit have more weapons than ever before
- Article in the Lexington Herald-Leader looks at nicotine replacement, Zyban, and cold turkey.
Recovery Community: Have We Let Smoke Get in Our Eyes?
- Short, thoughtful, article on our "collective denial": we see alcohol and heroin as addictive and lethal, but we accept smoking even though it's just as addictive and lethal. Medical professionals who would see medical intervention as necessary for heroin don't see nicotine the same way: why not? Nicotine's ability to exacerbate other disorders from diabetes to chrhonic pain is not common knowledge: why? Some hard questions discussed.
Teenage smoking linked to later heart attacks
- Article from the Irish Times on the link between heart damage and cigarette smoking, and the campaign to get young smokers to quit.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor