Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- People who quit smoking are much less likely to be hospitalized than those who don't, article from the Agency for Health Care Research and Quality.
Cochrane Tobacco Addiction Group - Abstracts
- Abstracts of research on effectiveness of: acupuncture, anxiolytics and antidepressants, aversive smoking, clonidine, group behavior therapy programs, hypnotherapy, individual counseling, lobeline, mecamylamine, NRT, nursing interventions, physician advice, self-help interventions, silver acetate, and training heath professionals in smoking cessation.
Duration of Smoking Abstinence and Success in Quitting
- Scientific paper finds that the longer you stay quit, the more likely you are to be smokefree forever; 3 months seems to be an important milestone.
Effective Clinical Tobacco Intervention
- Information on smoking, quitting and the effectiveness of pharmacological interventions by the Therapeutics Initiative of the University of British Columbia.
French Consensus Conference on Smoking Cessation
- Summaries and recommendations on: tobacco consumption and associated costs; individual variation in smoking and quitting; scientific evidence of effectiveness of various quit smoking methods; conditions that allow health professionals to be more effective in reducing tobacco use.
Oral Nicotine Inhalers
- Smoking reduction with oral nicotine inhalers: double blind, randomised clinical trial of efficacy and safety.
Smoking Cessation and Prevention
- Bibliography of research.
Smoking cessation aids help smokers quit
- Summary of research published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine; findings from survey of almost 5000 individuals.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor