Submit a site
Classical Mechanics Courses
Nuclear and Particle Physics
Computational Physics Courses
Outreach and Entertainment
Personal and Class Pages
Engineering and Technology History
Quantum Field Theory Courses
Instruments and Supplies
Lab and Experiment Safety
Light and Optics
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Radically Modern Approach to Introductory Physics
- An online book by D. Raymond.
ALPS: Advanced Level Physics Syndicate
- A syndicate of teachers with the sole aim of developing free, high quality resources for A-level physics.
Amusement Park Physics
- Exhibit showing how the laws of physics affect amusement park design. Design your own rollercoaster. Find out information about amusement park ride safety statistics and related information.
Astrophysics Science Project Integrating Research and Education (ASPIRE)
- Site dedicated to helping teachers with lessons in physics and astrophysics by giving computer activities that help show how physical models work.
Bang! Boing! Pop!
- Explore the topics of energy, linear momentum, and angular momentum, and take interactive quizzes. The site also includes a glossary to help students learn physics.
- The physics of how to steer a bicycle, and how stop signs interfere with bicycle commuting.
Bicycle Physics Online
- Divided in two parts. The first is a theory study and the second is a report of the experiment. This study was done as a part of The Bicycle Project from September till December 1999. The research was done at the Kansas State University's department of physics.
- Pages and links about bridges, water, light, colors, waves and particles.
Cartoons and Movies
- Some diagrams and movies illustrating some otherwise abstract electrical principles.
- Conceived as a innovative way to motivate USAF Academy cadets to become more interested in basic physics. Multimedia computer programs that are applications taken from real US Air Force missions are combined with traditional physics texts.
Common Errors in Undergraduate Mathematics
- This page describes the errors seen most frequently in undergraduate mathematics, the likely causes of those errors, and their remedies. Avoid these errors in order to improve performance in any math course.
Computer Simulation Methods
- A web site devoted to faculty and students using computer simulation techniques as a method of discovery in physics. This is a companion site to a textbook, but provides content from other sources as well.
Contemporary Physics Education Project (CPEP)
- A non-profit organization of teachers, educators, and physicists; at Lawrence Berkeley Lab.
Eric Weisstein's Treasure Trove of Physics
- Extensive on-line encyclopedia of physics terms and formulas. Full searchable, and also browsable alphabetically and by topic. Part of Eric's Treasure Troves of Science.
- A book for first-year college students who have an interest in pursuing a career in physics or a closely related field.
Explore Science with Shockwave
- A creative use of shockwave technology by Raman Pfaff. He has created a science site with many interactive physics experiments, from sliding down a ramp to tinkering with a solar system. Requires shockwave plug-in.
Exploring Physics in Cyberspace
- This site describes several tested extracurricular programs geared to introducing hands-on interactive physics activities for K-12 students. Supported by the National Science Foundation.
FYKOS - Physical Correspondence Seminary
- Worldwide competition in physics for grammar school (under age 19) students with an interest in physics.
- Interactive guide to physics. Has three levels of instruction: beginner, intermediate and advanced.
- Flywheel fundamentals. Derives stored energy/weight, energy/volume vs. various form factors.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor