Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Blake Lilly Award from AIP
- Whenever you or your SPS chapter "take physics on the road," you are already eligible for the Blake Lilly Prize. The Blake Lilly Prize is an opportunity for you and your chapter to be publicly recognized for your physics outreach efforts.
- In the three short years since that remarkable June evening in 1996 when Dr. MegaVolt emerged from the laboratory of Dr. Austin Richards and struck the consciousness of a shocked public, he has received thunderous applause from electrified audiences.
Isaac and Albert's Excellent Adventure
- There is a tradition at North Carolina State University of using demonstrations in our Physics Classes to show students the reality behind the equations. The Physics Department and The Science House have extended this tradition by giving an annual program to share the excitement and magic of physics with everyone.
Jearl Walker Discusses the Flying Circus
- Reflects on successes and failures doing the 'bed of nails' trick, and tells how to get videotapes of some of his shows.
Little Shop of Physics
- Science experiments that can be done at home; resources for teachers; and information about the Little Shop of Physics, an outreach program of the Colorado State University Physics Department.
National Ocean Sciences Bowl
- An academic competition for high school students that focuses on ocean-related topics. Every year around the nation, students compete in regional tournaments hosted by research institutions, aquaria and federal laboratories that are involved in oceanographic and aquatic research and education. By winning their regional competitions, these teams qualify to participate in the national competition.
Physics Circus at UCSB
- A group of enthusiastic UCSB Physics Department graduate and undergraduate students take a collection of demonstration experiments on the road to local schools and present an action-packed learning experience.
Physics Olympics at the University of Maryland
- An annual contest held in the spring at the U of Maryland campus. Here are the rules, scores, and pictures from previous events.
Physics Outreach at Florida State University
- The FSU Physics Department offers a number of on-campus and travelling programs of interest to scientists-to-be of all ages.
Physics is Fun
- This 45-minute program entitled Physics is Fun is available throughout the United States for elementary and middle/junior high schools. Site includes a description of the show, contact information, and facility requirements.
- Developed and implemented to create an interactive means of sharing science. Another primary motive of this site was to bridge the gap between elementary schools and the high school through interactive activities. If attempted it can become a practical method to enhance collaborative activities throughout the school community.
The Physics Van
- Part of an outreach program at the University of Illinois Physics Department.
The Science House
- A learning outreach program of North Carolina State University. The mission of The Science House is to work with K-12 teachers to emphasize the use of hands-on learning activities in science and mathematics.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor