Kids and Teens
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Alexander's Book of Science Projects
- 9 cool science projects kids can do. Learn how to build a jet engine here. Projects include: Rocket, gas turbine, steam turbine, hydro power dam, hot air balloon, hydrogen and oxygen generator.
All About Atoms
- A very basic overview of atomic structure. Students can click on particles to learn more about them.
- Animated pictures explain the inner workings of a variety of steam, stirling, and internal combustion engines.
Answers to Your Questions
- Lists answers to user questions on physics.
Colorworm Explains Color: A Free Book
- Colorworm explains light, paint mixing, how we see color, the visible spectrum, RGB, and CMYK.
Exhibits Collection -- Amusement Park Physics
- This interactive exhibit, part of the Exhibits Collection, explores how the laws of physics play a role in the design of amusement park rides. Activities in the exhibit invite visitors to design a roller coaster and determine the outcomes of bumper car collisions.
Fear Of Physics
- An interactive, visual, and non-technical site that shows some laws of physics in action.
- Physics explained with motor sports as focal point.
Household Science for Kids: Sound and Noise
- Projects to help demonstrate some of the physics of sound.
- This experiment demonstrates iso- and thixo-tropy properties of certain emulsions (fluid mixtures).
Marie Curie and Radioactivity
- A school project web site.
Optics for Kids
- An overview of the basics of optics suitable for elementary school children. Also discusses careers in science and engineering.
- Contains information, links, and interactive quizzes on the basic concepts of physics.
- An interactive journey through modern physics. Java applets are used to show how various devices work.
- Explains how physics is part of the everyday world. Answer questions on how things work and describes the latest research.
- Information on electricity, modern physics, light, thermodynamics, and the laws of motion.
Snap Crackle Jump
- An edible physics experiment with static electricity and Rice Crispies.
The Atoms Family
- Contains educational activities relating to different forms of energy, and are presented by famous gothic horror characters.
The Soundry, a Site About Sound
- An exciting, interactive, and educational web site about sound. Covers everything from the most basic concepts of what sound actually is to the specifics of how humans perceive it. Requires java-enabled browser and shockwave plug-in to enjoy the whole site. Uses frames.
The Speed of Light
- Describes how the speed of light was measured. Includes curriculum-based science quizzes about light for K-12 (grades 4 to 7) students.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor