Submit a site
Outreach and Entertainment
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
1999 AAPT Apparatus Competition Entries and Winners
- See who entered what and who won in the annual contest.
Cool General Science Labs and Activities
- Simple labs appropriate for introductory science classes.
- Construction details and history of the classic electrostatic generators
HowStuffWorks: How Hydraulic Cranes Work
- Animations and photos show how these cranes are able to lift thousands of pounds using hydraulics, and how these machines are operated.
Industrial Electrostatics Demonstrations
- The project described at this web page was undertaken to develop a set of demonstrations having clear relevance to manufacturing and commercial operations. Some of these demonstrations should also serve to augment the science teacher's or hobbyist's bag of tricks by making it easier to reinforce the relationship between basic principles and practical situations.
Iowa State University Physics and Astronomy Lecture Demonstrations
- Demonstrations and videos from ISU. Includes demonstrations on mechanics, heat, light, and electricity and magnetism.
Jearl Walker Discusses the Flying Circus
- Reflects on successes and failures doing the 'bed of nails' trick, and tells how to get videotapes of some of his shows.
NC State Physics Demonstrations Collection
- Comprehensive set of physics demonstration sites.
PIRA 200 Demo List
- A collection of 200 physics demos believed by professionals to be essential in teaching about the most common physics phenomena. Demos are sorted by topic and illustrated.
PIRA 200, the Top 200 Most Popular Physics Demonstrations
- Contains a descriptive list of the 200 most common and most used physics demonstrations, as determined by a large committee of physics instructors and lab managers.
PIRA Physics Demonstration Bibliography
- This demonstration bibliography contains about 7500 entries including all of Sutton, Freier & Anderson, Meiners, Hilton, AJP, The Video Encyclopedia of Physics Demonstrations, the Minnesota Demonstration Handbook, a few articles from the Physics Teacher, and listings of the PIRA 200, PIRA 500, and PIRA 1000 demonstrations.
Physical Science Demonstrations
- For use by qualified science educators only. Some have inherent safety problems that must be provided for.
Physical Science High School Activities
- Combination physical science demonstrations/lessons most appropriate for high school students, but adaptable to all ages.
Physics Demonstration Lab
- School of Physics and Astronomy, Tel aviv University. Demonstrations available at the school, and related links.
Physics Demonstration Resources On-Line for Science Educators
- This is a must-see site for physics educators interested in developing demonstrations. Provides links to many colleges' demo resources.
Physics Demonstrations - Introduction
- Physics demonstrations, descriptions, discussions of the physics, and hazards to avoid. Groupings are light, magnetism, electricity, sound, heat, and motion.
Physics Demonstrations and Science Exhibits
- Part of Bill Beaty's amateur scientist pages. Includes many links to his and other demonstration sources.
Physics Demonstrations at CWRU
- Hundreds of physics demonstrations at Case Western Reserve University illustrating concepts in measurement, mechanics, optics, fluids, waves, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, and modern physics.
Physics Demos and Science Exhibit Designs
- Links to useful demo sites, descriptions of dangerous and not-so-dangerous electrical demonstrations, and some unusual scientific projects.
Physics Lecture Demonstrations, a Compilation
- Lecture demonstrations for physics courses, compiled and annotated by Dr. Donald Simanek. Reads like a storybook.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor