Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
American Physical Society Forum on the History of Physics
- A member unit of the American Physical Society. It was founded as a venue for physicists, historians, and other members of the APS with an interest in discussing and exploring the historical dimensions of physics research. Forum benefits and activities include the Forum's widely read semiannual Newsletter and sponsored sessions at the March and April meetings of the APS.
CERN Historical and Scientific Archives
- Resources on the history of CERN, as well as the 'Pauli Archive', a private collection of scientific books, reprints, correspondence and manuscripts of the late Professor Wolfgang Pauli, Nobel Laureate, 1945.
Center for History of Physics
- Has a mission to preserve and make known the history of modern physics and allied sciences including astronomy, geophysics and optics.
Emilio Segrè Visual Archives
- The world's largest collection of photographs, films and other images in the history of physics and allied sciences such as astronomy and geophysics.
Historical Beginnings of Theories of Electricity and Magnetism
- A lecture from professor Michael Fowler at U of Virginia. Long and detailed.
History and Philosophy of Physics
- Research activities, essays, databases, books, meetings in History and Philosophy of Physics. A section is dedicated to the development of Physics in Italy.
History of Science Info Page
- A site providing information, photos, and essays concerning the history of science.
International Catalog of Sources for History of Physics and Allied Sciences
- Search records for unpublished source materials in the Niels Bohr Library archives and over 500 other repositories worldwide.
Jim's Science Page
- Science quotes, facts and falacies... mystery scientists in history link.
Museo di Fisica - Museum of Physics - Naples, Italy
- Museum of the University of Naples, Italy, Physics Department. Several centuries of instruments may be viewed. English and Italian language versions are available.
Physicists and the Bomb
- Course taught at U of Michigan in the fall of 1999. Covers mainly atomic energy, its history, and its uses. Has a very large collection of related links to browse.
- From the Copernican Revolution to superstrings, a chronology of more than 500 of the greatest discoveries in natural philosophy.
Selected Classic Papers from the History of Chemistry
- Extensive collection of interesting and important papers.
Sketches of the History of Electromagnetics
- Timeline of classical electromagnetism, including optics, magnetism, electricity and their unification.
The Emilio Segrè Visual Archives of the AIP Center for History of Physics
- World's largest collection of photographs, films and other images in the history of physics and allied sciences such as astronomy and geophysics.
The Invention of Knowledge
- The connections between the sciences and the arts with emphasis on physics. A prediction on where to look for the next great theories in physics.
The Nuclear Files
- Most comprehensive and user friendly online tool to explore the political and ethical dilemmas of the Nuclear Age. A citizen guide to create a saner and more peaceful world. Classroom use encouraged.
The Quantum Age Begins
- An overview of the development of quantum mechanics.
Theater of Electricity
- Explore the history of static electricity and the machines which have used it to make big sparks and create strong electric fields. Van de Graaff generators and Tesla coils are two examples of what is discussed. Many pictures and teaching materials are available.
Timeline of Electricity and Magnetism
- Historical timeline of discoveries and developments in electricity and magnetism.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor