K through 12
Submit a site
Lasers and Laser Pointers
College Safety Departments
First Aid and CPR
Teacher Liability Issues
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
101 Ways to Reduce Hazardous Waste in the Laboratory
- A downloadable pdf file (77 K in size)
Animals in the Classroom
- Guidelines for responsible use of animals for educational purposes.
Bioethics Resources on the Web
- This website provides a comprehensive catalogue of bioethics resources within the National Institutes of Health and on the web.
- Biosafety resources on the internet, from the American Biological Safety Association.
Chemical Health and Safety Data
- These chemical health and safety data are an excellent resource for reliable, no-frills information from the National Toxicology Program (NTP).
Chemistry Safety Quiz
- A short quiz that may prove surprising to you.
Environmental Health and Safety Index
- A very large, comprehensive set of links to lab safety resources. Topics include government and nongovernment agencies, ergonomics, radiation issues, biohazards, and much more.
Flinn Scientific Safety Data and Resources
- Fifteen articles ranging from 'goggle safety' to 'where and why science accidents occur.' Worthwhile reading for any science teacher.
Hazardous Products and Compounds in the Home
- Alphabetical listing of many household products and the hazardous compounds which make up these products. Many of these materials are used in labs, experiments and even art projects.
- A wide variety of chemicals react dangerously when mixed with certain other materials. Some of the more widely-used incompatible chemicals are listed here, but the absence of a chemical from this list should not be taken to indicate that it is safe to mix it with any other chemical.
Laboratory Chemical Safety Summaries
- Concise, critical discussions of the toxicity, flammability, reactivity, and explosibility of 88 chemicals commonly used in scientific research laboratories. Directions for handling, storage, and disposal and special instructions for first aid and emergency response are given. Unlike most Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs), the LCSSs are designed especially for laboratory workers.
Laboratory Fire Safety
- From U of Oklahoma Dept. of Public Safety
- Information is provided courtesy of the Department of Health, Safety & Environment at the University of British Columbia.
Laboratory Safety Information
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee's laboratory safety program.
Liquid Nitrogen Safety
- Safety notes and concerns for liquid nitrogen demonstrations. Liquid nitrogen is a dangerous material.
- A seven part on-line tutorial and quiz that introduces the reader to Material Safety Data Sheets.
Minimal Risk Levels for Hazardous Substances (MRLs)
- Data for nearly 300 hazardous substances.
New Chemistry Lab Guide
- Dr. Cal's good laboratory practices and WWW chemistry information for students. Topics include lab safety, lab report writing, preparing for lab, and organic lab tips.
Online Safety Manuals
- Safety manuals of all types on the web.
Pollution Prevention in Laboratories: The How-To Guide
- A downloadable pdf file (258 K in size).
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor