Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Short Course on General Relativity
- A graduate level course which includes weak field theory, gravitational waves, radiation damping, cosmology, the Friedmann and Lemaitre dusts, singularities, black holes, the Schwarzschild metric and Kruskal's extension of it. This is a single postscript document.
- A very thorough introduction, studies the Schwarzschild, Reissner-Nordstrom, and Kerr solutions using a variety of coordinate systems. Additional topics include gravitational collapse, horizons, singularities, Carter-Penrose diagrams (aka conformal compactification), Hawking radiation and black hole thermodynamics
- A simple derivation of Einstein's theory of relativity which is widely taught to undergraduate physics students. The mathematics required though make this easy for anyone to understand.
- This page contains information about the course Cosmology and exobiology read in the fall semester 1999 at the Physics Institute of NTNU, Trondheim
Falling into a Black Hole (Andrew Hamilton)
- Fall into a black hole on a real free fall orbit. All distortions of images are real, both general relativistic from the gravitational bending of light, and special relativistic from the near light speed orbit.
- This homepage contains lecture notes on the course of general relativity FX2/H97 read in the fall semester 1997 at the Physics Institute of NTNU, Trondheim
General Relativity Tutorial (John Baez)
- This is bunch of interconnected web pages that serve as an informal introduction to general relativity. The goal is to demystify general relativity and get across the key ideas without big complicated calculations.
General Relativity and Cosmology
- An online notes from the University of British Columbia featuring simple explanations of cosmological phenomena.
General Relativity for Undergraduates
- An online draft copy of an undergraduate text book on general relativity and cosmology.
General Relativity: A Very Weird World
- Site graphically explains the fundamentals of general relativity. Covers most aspects of the subject very well.
Geometry Around Black Holes (Michael Cramer Andersen)
- A WWW Exhibition in Relativistic Computer Dynamics and Visualization
Introduction to Differential Geometry and General Relativity
- A course from the Department of Mathematics at Hofstra University on differential geometry and general relativity.
Lecture Notes on General Relativity
- Download lecture notes on special relativity, general relativity, differential geometry, and spherically symmetric space-times in postscript format.
Lecture Notes on General Relativity (Sean Carroll)
- Lecture notes for a one-semester course in General Relativity.
Modern Physics Course
- A second year course introducing special relativity and quantum mechanics. All of the lecture notes are posted online.
- Over 50 sections explaining derivations in general relativity. Has a special relativity subsection, message board, and links.
Reflections on Relativity
- Comprehensive presentation of the special and general theories of relativity.
- Presents Einstein's Theory of Relativity without math.
- An illustrated guide to relativity
Relativity and Cosmology
- undergraduate course notes include both special relativity (e.g., spacetime, Lorentz invariance, various "paradoxes") and general relativity (e.g., equivalence principle, black holes, gravitational waves, experimental tests of gtr). Apparently a survey course for non-majors, with little math but some very nice graphics.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor