Submit a site
Engineering and Technology
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
19th Century Scientific American
- Though very different from todays Scientific American Magazine, the articles of the 19th Century Scientific American is a nice read for students of this period.
A Science and Technology Odyssey
- A Timeline of the History of Science and Technology from 20,000 BC to 1800.
A Science Odyssey
- Presents the people and the discoveries of 20th century science and technology in a variety of accessible, and interactive Web features. Based on the PBS television series.
About Daylight Saving Time
- History from Benjamin Franklin to the present. U.S. law and practice. Worldwide time change dates.
Ancient Greek Science
- Learn about the scientists of Ancient Greece, what they have contributed to science and a little info. about their background.
Archive for history of science of the Natural History Museum, Vienna
- Information about the Archive's collections of Letters (e.g. Goethe, Humboldt) and drawings (e.g Ferdinand Lucas Bauer).
Athanasius Kircher on the Web
- Links to web-resources concerned with this important Renaissance Jesuit natural philosopher. By Mats Rendel.
Birr Castle Demesne
- A site devoted to the astronomical, engineering botantical and photographical work of the Parsons family based in Birr Castle in Ireland.
- A biographical, bibliographical and archival database of more than 3,000 Australian scientists with links to related articles and images.
Calendars Through the Ages
- History and FAQs of various calendars, including Julian, Gregorian, Jewish, Islamic, Chinese, and Mayan. Astronomy, years, months, and days of the week.
- The Scientific Community in the 16th and 17th Centuries
Center for History of Recent Science
- Science as it is happening just about now, but studied from a historical prespective.
Darwin-L Archives on the Historical Sciences
- Archives of messages and supporting materials from Darwin-L, a professional discussion group on the history and theory of the historical sciences.
Dibner Institute for History of Science and Technology
- Research center at MIT, sponsors Fellows programs.
ECHO: Exploring and Collecting History Online - Science and Technology
- Project for creating digital histories of recent scientists. Includes a large directory of history of science and technology websites.
Epact: Scientific Instruments of Medieval and Renaissance Europe
- Epact is an online database of medieval and Renaissance scientific instruments made before 1600 A.D.
Eric's Treasure Trove of Scientific Biography
- Biographies of some of the great inventors, scientists and radio pioneers.
Faith and Reason.
- On the historical interactions of science and religion. (From PBS.)
From Antiquity to Einstein
- Lecture notes from Jose Wudka of the University of California, Riverside.
H-GIG History of Science and Mathematics Links
- A useful resource from the History Department at the University of California, Riverside.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor