Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
ARS Timeline: 138 Years of Ag Research
- A brief history of agricultural research from 1862 to the present, organized by decade. Highlights of research carried out in the U.S. Department of Agriculture are featured.
- International journal for the field. Editorial policies and online tables of contents.
Agricultural History Society
- Organization and conference information.
- A science center dealing with topics such as food, nutrition, agriculture, with an historical approach on a worldwide scale.
British Agricultural History Society
- Promotes the study of agricultural history and the history of the rural economy and society. Organization information, upcoming conferences, and links to related websites.
Chronology of Horticulture
- The history of Horticulture and crop production is naturally associated with the history of the various plants that are the 'essential currency' of the field.
Historical Series - Agriculture Canada
- Collection of monographs on the history of Canadian agriculture, agribusiness and agricultural research, the research establishments, experimental stations, their activities and specialities, originally published between 1967 and 1987. Covers development of research in many agricultural fields.
History of Farming
- Illustrated overview of the origins and development of agriculture, with bibiliography, notes from early cultures, and pictures of early farm implements and tractors.
History of Farming and Cities
- Links to pages which give research on the development of farming and cities by culture.
History of Horticulture
- Course outline that was distributed to students in Ohio State University Professor Freeman S. Howlett's course titled "The History and Literature of Horticulture: From Earliest Times to the Present," taught in 1968.
History of Rice
- A detailed account of the origin of rice cultivation in southeast Asia.
Origin of Chinese Rice Cultivation
- A detailed account supporting a hypothesis that the original domestication of rice took place in China.
Silas McDowell (1795-1879) and Southern Apples
- Profile of this farmer, scientific observer, apple and grape grower, tailor, court clerk, writer, and man of letters. He originated the thermal belt concept, developed 15 apple varieties, and examined 80 varieties of native grapes.
Sweet Oranges: The Biogeography of Citrus sinensis
- The domestication, dispersal and breeding of the sweet orange (Citrus sinensis) and its varieties, throughout history.
The Potato Then and Now: History
- The history of potato cultivation and its role in society, including the Irish potato famine. Particular focus on Prince Edward Island, Canada.
- Brief outline, based on materials in the North Carolina State University Libraries.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor