Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
400 Years of Astronomy on Merseyside
- To celebrate 400 years of Astronomy on Merseyside, the Lassell Dawes Conference is to be held on 1999 October 16 at Merseyside Maritime Museum. Speakers include Drs Patrick Moore and Allan Chapman, and Professor Mike Bode. Exhibitors include the University of Liverpool, John Moores University, National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside, and Liverpool AS.
Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum Web Site
- Has a nice section for the history of astronomy, with pictures and virtual exhibits.
Ancient India and Astronomy
- Articles about astronomy in ancient India.
Ancient Space Studies
- Astronomical discoveries and developments through the centuries.
Antique Telescope Society
- International organization of colleagues interested in antique astronomical telescopes, books, binoculars and related materials.
Archaeoastronomy Web Sources - Archaeology
- Internet resources on archaeoastronomy, from Mining Co.
Astronomy and Ancient India
- Describes developments in astronomy in ancient India.
Birr Castle Demesne
- A site devoted to the astronomical, engineering botantical and photographical work of the Parsons family based in Birr Castle in Ireland.
Cosmic Context ~ Exploring Your Universe
- A visually impressive and metaphysically stimulating site, set up to stimulate the debate in some of the great questions astronomy poses. You can surf the site and join the discussion in chatrooms or subscribe to mailing lists. Some of the historical issues are certainly debateable, but that is an issue for the discussion.
Digital Archive of Historical Astronomy Pictures
- This website is about the history of astronomy. It contains images from the history of astronomy, old telescopes, pictures of astronomers, and so on.
Early Greek Scientists Struggle to Explain How the Heavens Move
Exegesis of Hindu Cosmological Time Cycles
- Discussion of the Hindu cycles as an accurate calendar and the progenitor of the sexagesimal (base 60) "degree, minutes, seconds" measurement system.
Harmonia Macrocosmica by Andreas Cellarius
- Atlas of the heavens as seen by the astronomers of the time of its 1661 printing: Copernicus, Ptolemy, Brahe, and Aratus. Entire book has been digitized and the images may be browsed or searched.
History of Astronomy
- This is the "official" history of astronomy page on the web. It is an extensive resource to the field.
History of Astronomy Discussion Group Archives
- This is the archive of the History of Astronomy Discussion Group, which is a mailing list for scholars.
History of Astronomy Pages
- Frederik Kaiser (1808-1872) and the modernisation of Dutch astronomy; The "Lost Letters" of J.C. Kapteyn (1851-1922); Many history of astronomy and history of science links with a Dutch flavour.
Jewish Astronomy, from ancient to modern times
- Astronomy in Israel: from Og's Circle to the Wise Observatory.
- Explores the Stone Age in the context of astronomy, mythology and art, and concludes that the ancient people were master astronomers, acutely aware of the lunar cycle and precession, and able to predict the solstices and equinoxes.
Parramatta Observatory Virtual Museum
- Early Astronomy in Sydney Australia and Parramatta Observatory history.
- Astronomy in Denmark.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor