Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
American Psychological Association Division 26 (History of Psychology).
- Official site of the APA. Includes contact information for committee members, list of fellows, and selected links.
AmoebaWeb: History of Psychology
- A page of links to History of Psychology Content on the Web.
Biographies of Major Contributors to Cognitive Science
- Brief biographies by William Bechtel and Tadeusz Zawidzki.
- Information about this psychologist known for his contributions to scoring the Rorschach test, amongst other things.
Canadian Psychological Association, History & Philosophy of Psychology Section
- Information about the section.
Cheiron: The International Society for the History of the Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Cheiron is mainly concerned with the History of Psychology.
Chronology of Psychology
- Milestones in the treatment of the mentally ill, history of psychological treatments and institutions, and notable persons and publications, from the Middle Ages through 1997.
Classics in Psychology 1855-1914: Historical Essays
- Short essays introductory to 48 works central to the history of scientific psychology. Each essay places a given work in its intellectual context, summarizes its basic content, and assesses its general significance.
Classics in the History of Psychology
- Many full texts available online.
European Society for the History of the Human Sciences
- ESHHS brings together individuals interested in the history of psychology, anthropology, sociology, economy, and other human sciences.
European Traces of the History of Psychology
- Photos and brief descriptions of sites in Europe associated with distinguished contributors to psychological science.
Freud: A Socratic Statesman
- Discusses Plato and Freud's description of the soul (psyche) in terms of an internal conflict for authority over the individual. Elaborates this into an understanding of internal politics.
Georg Elias Muller
- Information on the life and works of this important pioneer of experimental/physiological psychology.
George H. Mead Archive
- Publications by Mead as well as others, such as Dewey and Baldwin
Gestalt Theory Resources Center
- A pointer to Gestalt theory related web-resources, including own resources like the Gestalt Theory Keywords section
HISTNEUR-L: The History of Neuroscience Internet Forum
- Mailing list gateway page.
- The History and Theory of Psychology eprints archive. Gives access to online versions of articles in these areas. Registered users may also deposit appropriate material.
History & Philosophy of Psychology Web Resources
- Useful links page from the Cheiron site.
History & Theory of Psychology Q&A Forum.
- Bulletin board for posting questions and answers about these topics.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor