Submit a site
History of Midwifery
History of Public Health
History of Nursing
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
150 Years of Anesthesia 1846-1996
- "We Have Conquered Pain: A Celebration of Ether," presented by Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard University.
A Short History of Medical Careers
- From prehistoric shamanism to the 20th Century specialist.
A Visit to the Museum of Contraception
- Salon Magazine reviews a Toronto museum dedicated to the history of the prevention of pregnancy.
American Association of the History of Medicine
- An academic society devoted to the history of medicine and all aspects of health.
Ancient Medicine/Medicina Antiqua
- Chronicles the practice of Medicine in the Greek and Roman eras, with translations of works by Hippocrates and Galen as well as essays, bibliographies, mailing lists, and othe resources.
- An essay on how the rigid Aztec culture affected physical and mental health.
Bulletin of the History of Medicine
- The official publication of the American Association for the History of Medicine. Archives available for viewing.
David Grove Home Page
- Dr. Grove is the author of "Human History of Helminthology"
Dittrick Medical History Center and Museum
- Information on medical artifacts, reference materials, rare books, archives, photographic collections.
Dr. Samuel Overton, 19th Century Rural Physician
- Comprehensive study of the life and work of a rural East Texas physician in the last half of the nineteenth century. Based on over 12,500 entries transcribed from his journals.
Dying to Have a Baby - The History of Childbirth
- Chronicles the dangers that women and their newborns have faced during labor and delivery.
Every Man His Own Doctor
- An online exhibit on Popular Medicine in Early America, from Colonial times to the mid 19th Century.
- An illustrated newspaper article on the history and future of Northampton State Hospital in Massachusetts.
H-GIG Medicine and Public Health links.
- Useful links from the University of California, Riverside.
Hartford Medical Society
- The Society provides an excellent medical library of historical significance and sponsors the Menczer Museum of Medicine and Dentistry in conjunction with the Hartford Dental Society.
Henry Solomon Wellcome and the Sudan
- Portrait and illustrated biography of Henry Wellcome (1853-1936) focussing on his archeological excavations in the central Sudan, by Ahmed A.A. Adeel, with references.
- Biography of the co-founder of Burroughs Wellcome, who spent his boyhood in Garden City. With footnotes and many links.
Here Today, Here Tomorrow
- Online exhibit of varieties of Medical Ephemera.
Hippocrates biography: his influence on modern medicine
- A brief biography of the father of modern medicine.
Historical Medical Digital Library of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia
- Title pages, contents pages, indexes, illustrations, and extracts from the text of many books availabale online.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor