Submit a site
Dix, Dorothea Lynde
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Journey Through Time
- An online scrapbook for University of Virginia Medical and Nursing Alumni.
AAHN Nursing History 2000 Calendar
- A calendar of significant historical events in nursing history.
About Nurses and Nursing
- A collection of net links on nursing history and notable nurses, from About.com.
American Association for the History of Nursing
- Fosters the importance of history in guiding the future of nursing. Membership and conference information, online gift shop, and nursing history calendar. Also provides photographs of the graves of historically significant nurses with short biographies.
American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses
- Historical overview of the Post Anesthesia Care Unit nurses(PACU, formerly known as Recovery Rooms).
An 1895 Look At Nursing
- Excerpt from "Ambulance Work and Nursing" provides an enlightening look at the nursing environment of the day.
Bangor Area Visiting Nurses
- In 1913, Edith Bicknell was the sole registered nurse of the Bangor Area Visiting Nurses. A short history of this nursing service, which still exists today.
Beyond Bed Pans
- The Life of a Late Nineteenth Century Young Nurse. A story by former nurse Mary Roberts Rinehart, of what awaited new nursing recruits in 1893.
Black Nurses in History
- Is both an excellent bibliography and guide to online resources.
Canadian Association for the History of Nursing
- Founded in 1987, CAHN promotes interest in the history of nursing and promotes scholarship in the field. Membership and scholarship information, book reviews and news.
Center for Nursing Historical Inquiry
- Established in 1991 at the University of Virginia for the preservation of the history of Nursing. Especially interesting are the online photographs and a highlighted collection.
Center for the Study of Nursing History
- Historical scholarship on health care history and nursing in the United States.
Cherry Ames Page
- Provides information about the Cherry Ames nurse series, written by Helen Wells and Julie Tatham.
From the Decline/Dark Ages to Rebirth/Renaissance of Nursing
- Nursing during the Medieval Ages.
History of African-Americans in White
- A nurse educator's research and findings about early African-American nurses.
History of Frontier Nursing Service
- A historical review of Mary Breckinridge's first effort to professionalize midwifery.
History of Nurse Anesthesia Practice
- Established in the late 1800s. Brief history page of the nurse anesthetists from the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
History of Nursing
- Biographies and pictures of Florence Nightingale, Mary Seacole and Mrs Bedford-Fenwick from Internurse.
History of Nursing Education at Scott and White
- A time span of nursing at the Temple Sanitarium, what would later become the Scott and White Hospital in Texas. Well compiled site.
History of Nursing Slides
- Online slides, from the Concepts of Nursing Course given at Montgomery County Community College. The topic, "Duties of the Floor Nurse 1887", makes for interesting reading.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor