Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
History of Anaesthesia
- GASMAN - A Personal History of Anaesthesia; A memoir and commentary by English anaesthetist John Powell. It also includes other articles on the History of Anaesthesia.
History of Biomedicine: Indigenous Cultures
- Numerous links to web pages on the contributions of indigenous cultures to the practice of medicine, from pre-history to present.
- The International Network for the History of Occupational and Environmental Prevention, who deal with occupational health and the history of medicine.
- English surgeon credied with the introduction of antisepsis. Brief biography and extract from his writings.
- A collection of early medical items featuring cased surgical, medical, and dental instruments from the 1800's to the early 1900's. Included in the collection are various microscopes and medical items of interest.
Medical History on the Internet
- Mega links and information for researchers.
- Indiainfoline presents med milestones giving the major breakthroughs in medical science that took place during the 20th Century.
National Library of Medicine: History of Medicine Division
- "One of the worlds great History of Medicine collections."
Oliva Sabuco, a 16th Century Woman-Philosopher
- A pioneer of psychosomatic medicine.
Pictures of Health
- Health and public health issues in the 19th century, with sections on "Health of the Body Politic", "Fever", "War's Cruel Scythe", "Quacks and Quackery", and "Populate or Perish".
Sigerist Circle Home Page
- Organization of medical historians, focusing on issues of class, race, and gender.
Spanish American War Medicine
- Medical practice in the Spanish American War, primarily by US Army medical staff and DAR Volunteer nurses upon US soldiers.
The Alan Mason Chesney Medical Archives of The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions
- Introduces the holdings of the archives and opportunities for research. Includes guides to over 100 personal paper collections, photograph inventory, and online exhibits.
The Centre for the History of Medicine
- Extensive site with articles, bibliographies, event and course information, and research papers covering subjects from prehistory to the present day.
The History of Dentistry
- The story how dentistry developed through the ages to become the sophisticated medical science of today.
The Medicine Museum
- An online exhibit of information and photographs of antique allopathic medicines manufactured during 1915-1955.
The Museum of Questionable Medical Devices
- Dubbed 'The Quackery Hall of Fame,' the museum is the world's largest display of what the human mind has devised to cure itself without the benefit of either scientific method or common sense.
The Orlop Deck
- Naval Medicine in the 18th and 19th century. Links to re-enactment sources and medical information for the period.
The Reflex Hammer Home Page
- Everything you ever wanted to know about reflex hammers, and then some.
Traditional Chinese Medicine
- An introduction to the history of traditional Chinese medicine and its use today. Part of a commercial site from healthsky.com.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor