Submit a site
Quaternary Climate Change
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
"Ice Cold in Paris" (report - New Scientist)
- Potential effects of global warming in Europe.
Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research
- Alfred-Wegener-Institut fuer Polarforschung Bremerhaven - the central institute of German polar research.
- Paleonenvironmental atlas of Beringia, an area covering easternmost Siberia and western Alaska.
Cracking the Ice Age
- Web site related to the NOVA television program about the big sweep and panorama of the Ice Age. Links to other resources.
Institute for Quaternary Studies, University of Maine
- Studies of glaciers, Quaternary geology, paleoclimatology, paleooceanography, and paleoanthropology.
Interdisciplinary Research Between Archaeology and the Geosicences in Canada
- Matthew Boyd, University of Manitoba. Discusses some current geoarchaeological research in Canada. Includes an introduction to Quaternary palynology and related information and links.
Laboratory for Paleoclimatology and Climatology, University of Ottawa
- Information about research in the analysis and modeling of climate changes and their impacts on ecosystems, with particular focus on Canada and the Arctic during the Holocene.
Midwestern US 16,000 Years Ago: An Exhibit at the Illinois Museum
- Deglaciation and late Pleistocene animals and plants.
NOAA Paleoclimatology Program - Data Center
- Archive for paleoclimate data, research, and education. Climate reconstructions and contributed data sets including: borehole data, climate forcing, corals, fauna, ice cores, insects, paleoclimate modeling, paleolimnology, paleoceanography, plant macrofossils, pollen, and tree ring.
NOVA Online - Warnings from the Ice
- Educational website to accompany TV program offers information about Antarctica and about how ice cores provide a record of the past. Discusses how the world's coastlines would recede if some or all of the Antarctic ice were to melt.
Pliocene and Late Quaternary Sea Level
- Global Gridded maps. USGS Open File Report 96-000.
Quaternary Research at University of Wisconsin-Madison
- In Department of Geology & Geophysics, UW-Madison. Studies of basic and applied problems in glacial geology, Quaternary geology, engineering geology,and hydrogeology.
Quaternary Sciences Program at Northern Arizona University
- Information about education, research and data dissemination activities regarding the Quaternary period of the arid western North America. Offers a Master's degree.
The Ascent of Mind, by William H. Calvin
- Book on the ice ages and how human intelligence evolved.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor