Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Berkeley Lab - Research News
- "Astronomical Theory offers New Explanation For Ice Age"
Climate Change: A Geological Perspective - Carleton University, Canada
- On-line syllabus and curriculum materials for a university science course on climate change (past, present, and future), its causes and effects.
Climate and Global Change
- "Science for Everyone" articles from American Geophysical Union publications, primarily for a general audience.
- The International Marine Global Change Study - investigating the ocean's role in climatic changes during the Late Quaternary, using data from long marine sediment cores.
NOAA Paleoclimatology Program
- A central location for paleoclimate data, research, and education.
- A new European ice age?
Orbital Variations and Milankovitch Theory
- NOAA Paleoclimatology Program educational material concerning the Milankovic theory or astronomical theory of climate change, which is an explanation for changes in the seasons which result from changes in the earth's orbit around the sun.
Paleoclimate and Climate Change Group
- University of California Santa Cruz. Research areas include climate variability, warm climate transitions, Milankovitch forcing of early Cenozoic climates.
Remembrance of Things Past: Greenhouse Lesson from the Geologic Record
- 100 million years to recent ice age, by Thomas J. Crowley, a marine geologist and climatogist.
The great climate flip-flop
- Atlantic Monthly article reviews the abrupt (less than a decade transition) climate changes of the past, analyzes the role of the Gulf Stream's thermohaline circulation switching modes of operation, and presents three scenarios for the future, including potential methods for stabilizing the flip-flop tendencies.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor