Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
All About Glaciers
- Links to glacier research and projects, glacier facts, questions and answers, a glossary, gallery, bibliography and links to glacier information on the Web.
Centre for Glaciology, University of Wales, Aberystwyth
- Research focus is on glaciology and glacial geology. Staff expertise and research areas include relation between glaciers and climate and interactions between glaciers and the marine environment.
- A collaboration between Rice and the NSF intended to introduce students to the Antarctic and the brave souls who are investigating that vast, frozen continent. The program has focused on development of a web site designed for the general public, and development of a hands-on, inquiry based, thematic curriculum that integrates into the traditional middle school earth, ocean and space science curriculum.
Glacier Image Database
- A collection of photographs illustrating glaciation and its effects upon the earth's surface.
Glacier research group, VAW Glaciology section, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Glacier and Permafrost research in the Swiss Alps as well as on the Greenland Ice Sheet (Jakobshavn ice stream) and in Spitsbergen.
Glaciology at Institute for Arctic and Alpine Research Research (INSTAAR), University of Colorado
- Research and reference information on ice-flow dynamics and calving, sub-glacial and englacial hydrology, permafrost, glaciers and sea-level change, climate change and glacier mass balance, heat exchange within snow packs, and related topics.
Glaciology at the University of Copenhagen
- Climate research through ice core drillings (including logistics and instrumental development), analysis of chemical and physical parameters and modelling. Other topics: Studies of ice rheology and studies of extraterrestrial ice.
Global Land Ice Measurements from Space (GLIMS)
- U.S.G.S. research project using the world's glaciers to monitor climate change.
INQUA Commission on Glaciation
- The goal of the Commission on Glaciation is to explore and develop scientific cooperation for the study of past glaciation and present glacier processes.
Michael Studinger's Homepage
- Geophysical and glaciological research on the Antarctic continent with aerogeophysical methods.
Park Geology Tour - Glaciers
- Links to U.S. National Parks featuring alpine glaciers, glacial landforms, and Ice Age flood landforms.
Satellite Images: Glaciers
- US Geological Survey Satellite Image Atlas of Glaciers of the World.
Scott Polar Research Institute - University of Cambridge
- World Data Center - Directory of European Glaciology
The Crevasse Zone
- Glaciological data collected on the Juneau Icefield, Alaska. Focuses on GPS-derived surface velocity, surface elevations, and strain rates.
USGS Benchmark Glaciers
- Long-term program to monitor climate, stream runoff, and the motion, mass balance, and geometry of glaciers at a few sites in Alaska and Washington State. Data are used to understand glacier-related hydrologic processes and improve prediction of water resources, glacier-related hazards, and the consequences of climate change.
World Glacier Monitoring Service (WGMS)
- Source of information on glaciers and their fluctuations worldwide. World Glacier Inventory contains data on the spatial distribution of glaciers. Fluctuations of Glaciers and Mass Balance Bulletin document changes over time (changes in mass, volume, area and length of glaciers).
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor