Submit a site
Organize Stargazing Events
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Journey into the Unknown
- A collection of web pages which detail the realm outside of our world: outer space. These pages are designed primarily for teaching or as reference resources, but also contain some areas for entertainment.
Association for Astronomy Education (AAE)
- An affiliate of the National Science Teachers Association.
- Astronomy 411 course: standard topics in astronomy such as the Solar system, stars, galaxies, and the structure of the Universe.
- College-standard introductory course to astronomy from University of Santa Barbara, California.
Astronomy Education in the United States
- This is an updated, expanded version of an invited talk given by Andrew Fraknoi at the 189th Meeting of the American Astronomical Society, held in Toronto, Canada in January 1997.
Astronomy Page for Science Explained
- Offers free lessons in astronomy. The course runs from January throughout the year, but you can learn a lot from it anytime. Covers identification of stars, constellations and planets, physics etc. It covers the universe! An excellent site for homeschoolers or other distance learners.
- Java game.
Astronomy at Grainger Observatory at Phillips Exeter Academy
- The latest information about the observatory, including classes, pictures, special events, student projects and patrons.
Black Holes to Blackboards - Sep/Oct '98
- Building Universes in the Classroom-Our national education standards ask all science teachers to teach our students using an inquiry-based approach, allowing them to understand the nature of science by doing it.
Black Holes to Blackboards-Getting a Global Sense
- Despite assertions by some of a flat Earth, we really do live on a ball that's spinning through space. Here's a an exercise in visualizing our rotating planet.
Black Holes to Blackboards-Science for the Masses
- An article on why high school courses in Astronomy are important.
Blossoms Of Science - Science Education Center
- An astronomy and education research group. The staff include researchers, teachers and teams, working on courseware for science education. The site hosts an on-line, interactive astronomy school.
CISM Summer School at Boston University
- A two-week summer school in space weather phenomena, consequences, and modeling. Find details about the program and an application.
Celestial Navigation Net
- Comprehensive, annotated hub site of resources relating to navigating by the stars, including theory, practice, history, instruments, and classroom links.
- Virtual museum and planetarium. Learn about cosmic evolution, from Big Bang to Man.
Earth and Moon Viewer
- View either a map of the Earth showing the day and night regions at this moment, or view the Earth from the Sun, the Moon, the night side of the Earth, above any location on the planet specified by latitude, longitude and altitude, from a satellite in Earth orbit, or above various cities around the globe.
Earth and Sky
- Home of the popular international science radio program Earth and Sky.
- Learn about Solar System, space exploration and constellations.
Faulkes Telescope Project
- Allows students in schools and colleges in the UK, Hawaii and Australia to make astronomical observations with a research-class telescope direct from the classroom.
From Stargazers to Starships
- Tutorial and historical exposition of the motion of Earth in space, Newtonian mechanics and spaceflight, on a high school level.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor