Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Alpha Centauri's Universe
- Take a full multimedia tour of our universe from Sol to the most distant galaxies via 500 images, 30 video clips (7 streaming), NASA press kits, fact sheets, great selection of public domain software titles, 120 song MIDI library, and over 3000 links to the rest of the internet. [online - multimedia]
Astronomy Multimedia Presentations
- created at the University of Florida's Astronomy Department. They are free to download as PowerPoint presentations or to view using a web browser and (optionally) the RealPlayer plugin.
Astronomy software reference: Visual Planets
- Take this classic hypertext and multimedia tour of our Solar System on your PC. [Shareware - Win 3.1/95/NT/2000]
- A selection of free astronomy and physics software packages suitable for education or enjoyment. Featuring the near impossible University Astronomy Challenge quiz.
- Project CLEA develops laboratory exercises that illustrate modern astronomical techniques using digital data and color images. They are suitable for high- school and college classes at all levels. Each CLEA laboratory exercise includes a dedicated computer program, a student manual, and a technical guide for the instructor. [freeware - Windows, Macintosh]
Click Thru The Universe
- A CD-ROM course that provides a guide and tutorial about the Night Sky. Includes 18 mini-chapters on the constellations, Messier objects, planetary orbits and stellar evolution, along with a Y2K screen saver. [commercial, demo available -- Windows]
Coeli Astronomy Software
- Home of Encyclopedia Astronomica: Coeli Solar Guide, Astrogloss A-Z, Aspects of Astronomy, Visual Planets, and the Windows Dictionary of Astronomy. Other educational titles available here include the popular PC software suite Stella 2000. [freeware & shareware - Win 3.x/95/NT/Me/2000]
Exploring the Planets
- [commercial CD-ROM - Win95] Exploring the Planets is new. Endorsed by Arthur C. Clarke and Gentry Lee (NASA mission designer), six CD-ROMS present an educational interactive adventure for all ages.
Hubble Space Telescope CD-ROM
- Frontiers of Time, two volumes of the Hubble Space Telescope images and scientific text on CD-ROM.
Hubble Space Telescope Images (350) plus Screensaver
- Hubble Space Telescope Images (350) plus Screensaver and Slideshow. Also includes Image Browser and Original Music. These are the Best of the Best from the NASA archives.
Mars 2000 CD-ROM
- The complete guide to robotic and human exploration of the red planet. Downloadable excerpts, unique website hotlist of over 200 sites. [commercial]
NASA - MSU/Bozeman CERES Project
- CERES has developed several on-line NASA data search engines and two graduate level distance learning courses, available over the internet to K-12 teachers.
- Classroom-oriented software to teach the concepts of planetary motion. [commercial, demo available - DOS]
- A colorful multimedia atlas of the solar system. You can learn about each planet's motions, atmospheres, geology, and internal structure. Colorful photographs, animated maps, and data from Voyager, Galileo, and other space probes are combined in an informative and entertaining program. [commercial, demo available - DOS, Win3.1/95/NT]
Space Telescope CD-ROM
- Hubble Space Telescope CD-Rom. Volume I, Volume II, Volume III, Comets. [Commercial]
Space Update CD-ROM
- CD-Rom with 600 MB of images and movies about the solar system, the galaxy, and more. "Space Weather" modules brings you today's images of the Sun in many wavelengths and the aurora from space. "Sky Tonight" sections gives today's star view. Funded by NASA. [Commercial - Mac/Win]
The Digital Universe
- Astronomical simulation package for the amateur or professional observer. [commercial - Mac]
The New Windows Dictionary of Astronomy
- Classic hypertext astronomical reference source with over 2000 definitions and links to special articles and further reading. [Shareware - Win3.x/95/NT/2000]
The Nine Planets
- An overview of the history, mythology, and current scientific knowledge of each of the planets and moons in our solar system. Each page has text and images, some have sounds and movies, most provide references to additional related information. [online, multimedia]
Welcome to Jackson and Tull's PCs IN SPACE
- Freeware interactive educational Earth and space science software.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor