Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Hands-On Universe (HOU)
- Using the internet, HOU participants around the world request observations from an automated telescope, download images from a large image archive, and analyze them with the aid of user-friendly image processing software.
Heavenly Mathematics: Highlights of Cultural Astronomy
- An interdisciplinary course on cultural astronomy. The course has a goal of imparting an understanding of basic astronomical phenomena and an appreciation of their cultural significance throughout the world.
- Learn about infrared imaging by viewing a variety of objects in the infrared.
- A site to enable teachers and others to construct a unique indoor sundial.
Internet Astronomy School (IAS)
- Designed as an online school for students from the 4th grade to the end of high school. Apart from the fact that students can study in it directly from their homes, it is intended to be used by science teachers within the framework of their science courses.
Jack Horkheimer : Star Gazer
- A 5 minute weekly mini-program on PBS, providing the source for information on naked-eye stargazing.
Journey into the Heavens
- From birth of the universe to our nine planets.
Journey through the Galaxy
- An educational web site on astronomical points of interest within our galaxy.
Multiwavelength Messier Museum
- A multiwavelength view of objects in space from NASA's infrared astronomy center (IPAC). A detailed tutorial accompanies each set of images. This site will be regularly updated with new objects.
Mysteries of Deep Space
- This PBS companion site explores the secrets of the universe with an interactive timeline, classroom activities, a trivia challenge, Q&A with experts, and more.
National Astronomy Education Projects
- This is an evolving list of those projects and programs in astronomy education to which anyone from around the U.S. can apply or from which anyone can receive materials.
- ARVAL's site is dedicated to propagating astronomical information. All of it is bilingual (Spanish - English), except for the 'Astronomía Caraqueña' section, which contains local astronomical information centered around Caracas, Venezuela.
- the science magazine for children ages 10-16. Cutting edge earth and space science, Horkheimer's Star Gazer,archaeology, astronomy, contests. Great for classroom use.
- Includes online quizzes, planet comparisons, pictures and links to astronomy clubs around the world.
Project Radio Jove
- is an educational project to involve secondary school students in collecting and analyzing observations of the natural radio emissions of the planet Jupiter and the Sun. Participating students get hands-on experience in gathering and working with space science data.
- Users can personally control professional astronomical observatories over the internet in real-time.
Resources for Middle School Science
- A teacher resource to enhance astronomy education from Project SPICA.
Size of Solar System
- Shows Solar System true to scale. Helps realize the vastness of distances between planets compared to planet sizes.
Space Art through the Ages
- Getty contribution to Mars Millennium Project: Interdisciplinary activities combine students' scientific understanding of the universe with their own creativity and imagination.
Stanback Planetarium NASA Educator Resource Center
- at South Carolina State University. Providing educators with current aerospace and astronautical educational materials.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor