Conditions and Diseases
Trauma and Injuries
Submit a site
Treatment and Residential Programs
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Acquired Brain Injury & Hidden Visual Problems
- Addressing visual problems that may be overlooked during initial treatment of brain injury.
Acquired Brain Injury Literature Resource Guide
- List of reference materials about acquired brain injury, for professionals, caregivers, and survivors.
Acquired Brain Injury, Defined
- Short article describing ABI, directed at college students.
Anatomy of a Head Injury
- Causes, symptoms and assessment of brain injuries.
Brain Injury - A Guide for Families and Friends
- Basic information about brain injury and its treatment, from the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
Brain Injury Center
- Provides a technical description of the brain, how a brain can be injured, levels of impairment, levels of injury, effects on family, and a glossary of terms.
- Rehabilitation and education resources for brain injury patients.
Coma Waiting Page
- Information about coma and brain injury directed at helping with answers and support in those critical first days and weeks, while waiting for someone to awake from a coma.
Epidemiology of Traumatic Brain Injury in the United States
- The National Center for Injury Prevention and Control provides statistics on the incidence, populations, risks, outcomes, severity, and cost of TBI's.
Family Caregiver Alliance Fact Sheet
- Offers an overview of head injury, its effects, prognosis and treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions About Head Injury
- Basic information about traumatic brain injury, coma, seizures, and what to expect from treatment.
- The purpose of this site is to act as an information sharing point for those whose lives have been touched by the effects of head injuries.
Head to Head Magazine
- Christian magazine, committed to educating the general public about the struggles and the victories of brain injured survivors and their caregivers.
- Offers information, reference materials, and self-help resources. Provides links to support and discussion groups, rehabilitation sites, publications and journals.
Locked-in Syndrome from NINDS
- Booklet describing the basics of this rare disorder, treatment, prognosis, research, and references.
Missouri Model Brain Injury System
- Investigating factors that affect and improve the outcomes of individuals with traumatic brain injury. Primarily serving patients in rural settings.
NARIC Databases: Brain Injuries
- Introduction to resources available from the National Rehabilitation Information Center.
NINDS Traumatic Brain Injury Information
- Fact sheet compiled by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS). Contents include definition, treatment methods, prognosis, current research projects, and references.
National Resource Center For Traumatic Brain Injury
- Providing information for professionals, persons with brain injury, and family members. Also developing intervention programs, and assessment tools.
- Coma can be caused by an underlying illness, or it can result from head trauma. A comatose person is still very much alive, but he or she is not simply asleep. Get information from board certified Neurologists, find a neurologist in your area.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor