Conditions and Diseases
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Artificial Vision for the Blind
- The Dobelle Institute and Institut Dobelle AG announce development of an artificial vision system providing independent mobility to blind people.
- Helping visually impaired people to aspire to their full potential through the provision of quality advice and training on appropriate specialist technology.
Blackburn and District Blind Society
- A registered charity for the visually impaired and blind, babies and adults.
Blind Related Links
- Contains extensive listings of blindness related links on the internet.
Blindness Emailing Lists
- Subscribe to blindness-related emailing lists and pan-disability and access-issues lists directly from this comprehensive hypertext index.
Community Services for the Blind and Partially Sighted
- Provides assorted information and resources for visually impaired people.
Empower Connection - Technology for the Blind
- A site dedicated to helping blind or visually impaired individuals, and the people who work with them, use assistive Internet technology.
- Flash presentation on the research at the Duke University Eye Center to eliminate blindness.
- An article about the career of Kenneth Jernigan, director of the Iowa Commission for the Blind.
Keystone View Optical Division
- Design vision screeners and optical tests.
Lenny McHugh's Home Page
- Inspiring and motivational real-life stories from Lenny, who is a retired blind computer programmer. Includes links to many other resources for the blind.
- Worldwide organization dedicated to overcoming vision impairment through rehabilitation, education, research and advocacy.
- Database of accessible materials for people who are blind or visually impaired. Contains information about more than 145,000 titles of accessible materials, including braille, large print, sound recordings, and computer files from over 200 agencies throughout the United States.
National Agenda for Blind and Visually Impaired Youths
- Website for families, medical and educational personnel regarding the education of children who are blind.
National Federation of the Blind
- Resources for the blind.
Parents of Blind and Visually Impaired Children
- A resource page for parents of blind or visually impaired children created by a mother of a blind child. Included are links to adaptive technology sites, braille childrens books and blind organizations.
- Theory and practice of using electronic travel aids in conjunction with other methods.
Pittsburgh Vision Services
- Provides instruction in access technology devices for visually impaired.
Recording For The Blind and Dyslexic
- Educational library for people with print disabilities, with a 77,000-title library of taped textbooks, reference and professional materials for people who cannot read standard print because of a disability.
The Blind Community
- Includes a calendar of blindness-related events, accessible file archive, top sites countdown, and more. Features for the blind and visually impaired or anyone interested in the subject.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor