Submit a site
Conferences and Workshops
Personal and Class Pages
Summer Research Programs
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
"Bugs" in the News!
- Information & links on all kinds of viruses & bacteria-a good reference site for middle school students from the Univ. of Kansas.
Action Bioscience-promoting bioscience literacy
- Actionbioscience examines current issues on environment, biodiversity, genomics, biotechnology, evolution, biology in the new millenium, and science education. Peer-reviewed articles are accepted from scientists and educators.
Amazing Biology Facts and Trivia
- Great fun facts and trivia relating to biology.
Association for Biology Laboratory Education
- A group dedicated to enhancing undergraduate education via improved laboratory instruction.
BBC Online - Nature
- Information and news about nature and environmental topics in the UK and around the world.
BBC Online - Science
- Your one-stop home page for science and technology news and information in the UK and around the world. Updated daily.
BIOMATERIA Publishing Company, Inc.
- Biology, nutrition, & human sexuality educational publications.
Beyond Bio 101: The Transformation of Undergraduate Biology Education
- Describes the remarkable changes taking place in American undergraduate biology education; a report by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
- Educational site and software for biology and medicine in high and secondary schools. Provides animations of biological processes (in VRML format).
- A directory of biology and chemistry educational resources on the web. It features a weekly updated "News and Reviews" section.
BioQUEST Curriculum Consortium
- Supports a network of educators interested in undergraduate biology. The curricula provide opportunities for students to learn biology by posing problems, developing answers for their own problems, and persuading their peers that their answers are valid and useful.
BioScience Research Tool: Education
- Excellent specialized directory of online tools and resources, "selected by BioScientists for BioScientists".
Biology at Galludet University
- Describes courses, faculty, special programs, degree programs.
- An unmoderated email listserv catering to the needs of biology teachers and professionals from kindergarden to university. Site has searchable archives going back to mid-1991, collected resources, details on joining and managing a subscription, tips on effective use of the list, and a FAQ.
Chlamydomonas Teaching Center
- Devoted to the use of Chlamydomonas in undergraduate teaching and research.
DNA Science Course for High School Teachers
- University of Wisconsin, Dept. of Genetics offers a 2 credit, 2 week, course for teachers grades 9-14 on DNA Science.
Digital Anatomist Interactive Atlases
- Interactive Atlases show views of organs reconstructed from slices.
- Explains the role of microbes in soil and in plant growth.
- Contains many optical illusions and pictures to trick the eyes.
Incubation and Embrology
- A hands-on project that teaches science and respect for life.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor