Free Trade Area of the Americas
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A-infos Radio: Interview with Jaggi Singh of the CLAC
- Interview with Jaggi Singh about topics including the anti-globalization movement, FTAA, the Quebec City Protests in April, and American Imperialism. Downloads in MP3 format.
Atlantic Infoshop: Anti-FTAA Protests
- Background and event information, and news coverage of the Quebec City 2001 protests.
CBC News: Summit of the Americas 2001
- Full coverage and in-depth look at the Summit of the Americas in Quebec City.
CMAQ: Activists try to shift focus of debate on violence
- The Groupe Opposé à la Mondialisation des Marchés, Opération Québec Printemps 2001 and Forum Populaire de l'Outaouais are trying to shift the debate away from whether or not protesters will be violent or not in Quebec City. By Vincenzo D'Alto.
CNN: Police push back protesters as Quebec summit opens
- Leaders of countries across the Americas opened talks on a regional free trade pact as police pushed back demonstrators opposed to further globalization.
CNN: Six with explosives arrested in Canada before summit
- Six people who authorities say planned to disrupt an international conference with smoke bombs, grenades and other "frightening equipment" have been arrested.
Canadian Press: French activist says hemispheric leaders are the real source of violence
- French farmers' activist Jose Bove, twice convicted for acts of civil disobedience, says the Canadian government, not protesters, will be the real source of violence at the Summit of the Americas.
Center for Media Alternatives to Quebec (CMAQ) 2001
- Editorials, articles and coverage of what's happening before, during and after the Quebec 2001 Summit.
Disinformation: Corporate Totalitarianism and the FTAA
- The corporate media realizes that the anti-globalist movement poses a threat to their domination, as interest in the movement might inspire some viewers to seek out more alternative media outlets. By Wes Moore.
Edmonton Journal: Radicals want violence at Quebec summit, says CSIS
- Bricks and gasoline bombs may be used at April meeting. By Jim Bronskill.
FBI Raids Independent Media Center
- Security plans intended to protect Western leaders attending a trade summit were posted on a Seattle-based web site. On Saturday night, FBI agents raided the offices of the Independent Media Center in downtown Seattle. [Seattle Post-Intelligencer]
Globe and Mail: Meeting of finance ministers draws protesters
- As hundreds of protesters marched on a meeting of finance ministers in Toronto, Paul Martin said that he agreed with their position that global leaders should focus on social issues and democracy, not just trade. By Allison Dunfield.
Independent Media Center: FTAA Coverage
- Live coverage from Summit of the Americas protests at Quebec City and the US/Canadian border, including audio, video, photos and written accounts.
Montreal Gazette: Anarchy in the air as summit draws near
- By Allison Hanes.
Montreal Gazette: Even Frisbee team is stopped
- Vehicles and baggage at U.S. border crossings south of Montreal are carefully scanned as customs officers are on high alert for anti-globalization protesters. By Lisa Fitterman.
Montreal Gazette: Internet links anti-globalists
- Web sites, E-mail, chat rooms, news groups all abuzz with summit plans. By Allison Hanes.
NY Times: Demonstrators at the Summit Are Greeted With Tear Gas
- The Summit of the Americas got under way in this fortified city today with 34 leaders passing through color guards and red-coated Mounties inside the delegates' hall, while outside hooded protesters tangled with riot policemen under billowing clouds of tear gas. By Anthony DePalma. [Free registration required.]
Plastic: AP Bashes FTAA Protesters as Protesters Bash Security Fence
- The protests in Quebec have gotten rowdy, and the AP is going with the 'law-abiding businessmen versus violent anarchists' media spin.
Plastic: Quebec Protest Leader Kidnapped -- Was It Les Flics?
- According to witnesses, the marauders were dressed like activists, and when Singh's friends tried to pull him back, they shouted 'police!' and beat them back with long batons.
Protests Delay Start of Americas summit
- Anti-globalization protesters clashing with police delayed the beginning of the Summit of the Americas on Friday for one hour. [CNN.com]
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor