Free Trade Area of the Americas
Submit a site
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Summit Ends With Pact and Cleanup
- A comprehensive draft plan which pledges to complete a free-trade agreement in four years was signed by the leaders at the Summit of Americas in Quebec, where a sense of calm has returned. [ABC News]
Summit Under Siege
- Police and anti-globalisation protesters in Quebec fight into the early hours, delaying the official opening of the pan-American summit. [BBC News]
This Modern World: We don't want to have to kill you!
- Editorial comic strip about the anti-protest security at the Quebec Summit. By Tom Tomorrow.
Washington Post: Protesters Disrupt Summit on Trade
- "President Bush and 33 other Western Hemisphere leaders seeking to build the world's largest free-trade zone opened a summit meeting today as clouds of tear gas and violent demonstrations played havoc with schedules and delayed meetings." By Dana Milbank.
Will Free Trade Kill Democracy?
- Coverage of the protestors, and how free trade impacts the countries that sign the agreements. [Salon.com]
Wired: Hacktivists Target Trade Summit
- A coalition of cyber-protesters plan to flood 28 websites associated with this weekend's free trade negotiations at the Summit of the Americas with page requests and e-mail messages. By Jeffrey Benner.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor