By Time Period
Submit a site
Scottish Wars of Independence
Hundred Years War
The Wars of the Roses
Religious Military Orders
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
991 AD - The Battle of Maldon
- England in the tenth century was not a safe place, especially if you lived near the coast. Much of the kingdom was under Viking rule, and the rest was subject to repeated raids....
Angelcynn: Anglo-Saxon Warfare
- Warfare in the Anglo Saxon period and the early Anglo-Saxon fyrd.
- Reprinted from the Journal of the Society of Archer-Antiquaries. Includes general information and information specific to the medieval period.
Battle of Shrewsbury
- An account of the battle (1403 AD) and information on the forthcoming 600th Anniversary celebrations.
Chivalry (Catholic Encyclopedia)
- An overview of the military, social and religious aspects of European chivalry.
Mediaeval Sword Resource Site
- Information about and illustrations of European swords of the Dark Ages, including the Viking Age. Includes a virtual museum and a reader's forum.
Medieval & Renaissance Martial Arts Expo
- Renaissance festival scheduled Jan-Mar 2001.
Medieval Warfare bibliography
- Extensively annotated.
Mongol Invasion of Europe
- Essay from the June '97 edition of Military History.
NetSword: Swords, Medieval Weapons & History Discussion
- Discussion group for Medieval and Renaissance weapons of war as well as modern replicas of historical swords and other types of weapons. Additional forums on various aspects of the Middle Ages.
Siege of Belgrade, 1456
- Essay from the August '96 edition of Military History.
The Battle at the Hill of Death (Montaperti)
- What links the beautiful Tuscan town of Sienna with Dante's vision of hell? The answer lies in an act of treachery that decided the course of the bloodiest battle in medieval Italian history.
The Battle of Winwaed, 655AD
- An attempt to collate information about the Battle of Winwaed (655AD), and ascertain its location within Britain. Winwaed marked the defeat of the last credible pagan force within England.
The Medieval Period
- Useful information on medieval crossbows and longbows.
The Society of Ancients
- Home Page of the Society of Ancients: an international amateur society for the promotion of the study of ancient and medieval military history and wargaming the period 3000 BC to 1500 AD.
The Solenarion, the Byzantine Arrow Guide
- The Solenarion, the Byzantine Arrow Guide, a paper discussing the aspects of unique missile system.
- Comprehensive source of information, imagery, and links about Medieval, Renaissance, and ethnographic arms and armor.
Wyrme's Encyclopedia of Knighthood
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor