By Time Period
War and Weapons
Submit a site
William the Conqueror
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
1066 - the Effects of the Norman Conquest
- A collection of original and reprinted articles on the Norman conquest of England, from the Author of a novel set in the aftermath of the Battle of Hastings.
- The Bayeux Tapestry. Reproduction, translation and history.
Invasion of England, 1066
- The Norman invasion of England in 1066 described through the images of the Bayeux Tapestry
Norman Conquest School Site
- A site created to allow pupils to study the Norman Conquest in the history classroom. Guides pupils through the events of 1066 and then tests their knowledge.
Normans & Vikings Web Resources
- Attempts to track Normans & Vikings material on the Internet. Internet sites are created and deleted daily.
Secrets of the Norman Invasion
- information on one of the greatest stories of human history and reveals more than first meets the eye
The Battle of Hastings
- A well-written overview and a game based on the battle, from BBC Education.
The Battle of Hastings, 1066
- A richly illustrated and highly detailed site devoted to the Norman invasion of Britain, and especially the battle of Hastings.
The Battle of Stamford Bridge
- Essay on the battle between the English and the Vikings immediately before the Norman Invasion of 1066.
The Cambro-Norman Invasion of Ireland
- An essay with supporting maps.
The Norman Conquest of Ireland
- Translation of a contemporary account by Gerard of Wales, 1146-1223.
The Norman Conquest: the Battle of Hastings
- In 1066 William the Conqueror defeated the English king Harold II at the Battle of Hastings, changing the language and the political structure of England.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor