By Time Period
War and Weapons
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Andrew De Moray
- Essay on de Moray and his involvement in the Battle of Stirling Bridge.
- The Battle of Bannockburn, 1314, part of the Scottish War of Independence. With map and sequence of events.
Battle of Bothwell Bridge 1679
- Brief description of the Bothwell Bridge engagement.
Battle of Falkirk
- Essay on the war in 1298 between Scotland and England, which culminated in the execution of William Wallace.
Battle of Falkirk 1298
- Brief history of the Battle of Falkirk, including explanation of Abbey Craig's significance thereto. Abbey Craig is the site of the Wallace Monument.
Battle of Killiecrankie
- Tactical analysis of the Battle of Killiecrankie (1689).
Battle of Largs 1263
- In which Kintyre and the Western Isles are wrested from Norwegian control and returned to the Scots.
Battle of Otterburn, 1388
- Tactical analysis and chronology of the battle between the forces of Black Douglass and those of Sir Henry "Hotspur" Percy.
Battles of the Second Scottish War for Independence
- Chapters from Skyelander's work on the Scottish Wars of Independence.
Brief History of Falkirk
- History of battle site. Also lists other cultural information about the town.
- Biographical article with links to related sites.
Culloden - The Jacobites
- Detailed information on the Jacobite Uprising, with links to other sites for biographical and other data.
Culloden - The Union of the Crowns
- Historical background of events leading to the United Kingdom in the aftermath of Culloden.
- Link to a mailing list dedicated to discussion of William Wallace, Robert the Bruce, and other important figures in the Scottish Wars of Independence.
- Another description of the battle, and the betrayal of William Wallace.
Famous Scots - Andrew de Moray
- Brief biographical sketch.
Grave of William Wallace
- Memorial Plaque to William Wallace, located at St. Bart's Hospital, Smithfield. This is thought to be the location where Wallace was executed.
- A brief account of major battles in Scotland.
- History of the Highland Clearances following the Battle of Culloden.
History of Crieff, Comrie, Auchterarder - Perthshire. Wallace and Bruce
- Article detailing the history of Crieff, Comrie & Auchterarder - Perthshire, Scotland. Features information Wallace and Bruce at Stirling.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor