Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Finnish archaeology student Eero Leppänen's scrapbook of the excavations he has worked on and excursions by University of Helsinki. Related links.
Archaeological Resource Guide for Europe
- Searchable and indexed guide to web resources, with evaluations by the editors. Part of the WWW Virtual Library.
- Lech Baczynski summarises a few archaeological discoveries in Poland and elsewhere, mainly in Europe.
Archaeology in Albania
- Welcome to Albania introduces archaeology in Albania and gives illustrated descriptions of important Illyrian and Roman sites and monuments including Apollonia. History of the kingdom of Illyria.
Chewed or Chipped?
- Who made the Neanderthal flute? Humans or carnivores? Bob Fink presents the evidence and discussion arguing that the Divje babe 1 bone was a flute made by Neanderthals, with references.
- Searchable database of European dendro-chronology, compiled by Dr Tom Levanic, Biotechnical faculty, Ljubljana, Slovenia. Information on laboratories, accessed via search or sensitive map.
European Association of Archaeologists
- Membership-based association open to all archaeologists and other related or interested individuals or bodies. Statutes, conferences, journal, members and news.
- Illustrated, scholarly articles on Danish prehistory by this archaeologist, including 'The Woman with the Drink' and 'Cimbric caps and bonnets', and an abstract of her book 'Neolithic Bog Pots'.
- Searchable database of samples of flint and similar materials collected by Rengert Elburg and Paul van der Kroft in Central Europe. Search by location or type.
Fortified Settlement in Grzybowo
- Interim report by Mariusz Tuszynski on the excavation of a 10th-century fortified settlement in Poland. Illustrations include reconstructions. Team. Appeal for volunteers and sponsors.
- Illustrated outline by Adrian Mandzy of the excavations by the Kamianets-Podilsky Foundation at this Ukrainian town, including the Church of the Holy Trinity and the Dominican Monastery.
- Illustrations of artefacts dating from the first 16 centuries of the modern era from England, Greece and Portugal. Hosted by Oxfordshire County Council.
The Second European Archaeomagnetism Conference
- In Leoben (Austria) 23-27 September 2001. Theme: Archaeomagnetic Applications for the Rescue of Cultural Heritage. Programme, accommodation, fees.
- The European Convention on the Protection of the Archaeological Heritage (Revised), signed at Valetta, 16.1.1992. Full text from the Council of Europe.
Virtual Tour Through Ancient Carnuntum
- A virtual walk through this important Roman city that was situated about 40km east of Vienna, Austria. Available in German, English and Latin.
Yahoo Groups: European Archaeology
- Moderated discussion group for European prehistoric and historic archaeology.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor