Periods and Cultures
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A Virtual Stroll Through Ancient Olympia
- A small gallery of expandable thumbnail photographs of ruins of Classical buildings on Olympia and sculpture from the site, from 21st Century Adventures.
Ancient Greek World : Introduction
- The University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology has created this detailed interpretation of Greek art and material culture.
Exacavations at the Hellenistic City of Florina
- Guide to the excavations of the city by I.M. Akamatis, situated in Macedonia. Includes history of the city and objects found.
Greek Archaeology in Southern Italy
- Collection of images from Greek sites in south Italy. Temples, theatres, and pottery.
Greek Classical Archaeology
- Dartmouth College classical archaeology course: City-States and Panhellenic Sanctuaries 480 - 323 B.C.E.
- Interactive student guide to ancient Greek sites using Quicktime movies and a travel log from the University of New Orleans. Includes Samos, Ephesus, Mycenae, Olympia, Athens and Delphi.
Helike Archaeological Research Project
- Excavations by Rutgers University aiming to locate the lost classical city of Helike, destroyed and submerged by an earthquake and seismic wave in 373 BC.
Kunosarges Gymnasium Comes to Light
- Kathimerini reports that new finds from a site in Neos Kosmos confirm it was the site of the Kunosarges Gymnasium, of the most important schools in ancient Greece.
Maecenas: Images of Ancient Greece and Rome
- Photographs by Leo Curran, University of Buffalo, of Classical remains across Europe, with some models and reconstructions of their original appearance. Searchable.
- Excavation summary and images of the Greek colony of Olbia.
Olbia Research Project
- Excavation at Olbia, one of the most important and well preserved of the ancient Greek colonies on the Black Sea.
- Ian Swindale and his students in Crete present the history of the magnificent frieze and sculptures from the Parthenon in Athens and the campaign to return to Greece those now in the British Museum.
The Archaeology of Ancient Greece
- A guide to archaeological sites of interest on the Greek mainland, Peloponnesos, Greek Islands and western Turkey, with bibliography, from the University of Richmond.
The Thracian Tomb in Sveshtari
- A 3D virtual reality model from Archimodela of the tomb of Drumihed of the Goths in north-eastern Bulgaria of c. 370 BC - a world heritage site. History, model, images and plans.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor