Submit a site
Contractors and Consultants
Sites and Monuments
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Achill Archaeological Field School
- At the deserted village, Slievemore, Ireland. Academic Credit transferred through NUI-Galway. Open to students and interested amateurs.
Archaeology in County Sligo
- Guide from the official Sligo site to a rich heritage of prehistoric and later monuments. A clickable map leads to descriptions of sites, some illustrated.
Bronze Age Ireland
- Moderated discussion group for the academic study of the archaeology of Ireland during the bronze age. Part of the Irish Archaeology and History Mailinglist Suite.
Burren Archaeology Research Expedition
- Offers two week archaeological holidays working under Dr. Carleton Jones on Neolithic sites in the Burren region of western Ireland. Map, photographs, cost.
Celtic Ireland and Other Fables: Politics and Prehistory
- Archaeologist Richard Warner challenges the orthodox view of Iron Age Ireland as Celtic and warns that modern politics may shape our view of the past. Includes maps.
County Kildare Archaeological Society
- Dedicated to the promotion of the study and knowledge of the antiquities and objects of interest in the county and surrounding districts. Membership, events, officers.
Database of Irish Excavation Reports
- Contains summary accounts of all the archaeological excavations carried out in Ireland - North and South - from 1985 to 1999. It can be browsed or searched using multiple fields.
- The Heritage Service for Ireland. Key datasets on heritage and conservation in GIS and database formats for download by all.
E-mail Directory for Irish Archaeology
- List compiled by Thaddeus C. Breen of E-mail addresses of professional archæologists, postgraduate students and companies working in, or doing research into, Irish archæology.
- Moderated discussion group for the history and archaeology of Early Medieval Ireland, c.400-1200AD.
Heritage Council: Archaeology Committee
- The official body for the identification, protection, preservation and enhancement of Irish heritage. Projects, archaeological reports, guide to Irish archaeological sites.
- Moderated discussion group for the archaeology of Ireland of all periods. Part of the Irish Archaeology and History Mailinglist Suite.
Irish Archaeology on the Internet
- Thaddeus C. Breen's organised list of links with helpful descriptions of sites.
Irish Association for Quaternary Studies
- Provides a interdisciplinary forum for the cross-fertilisation of ideas in Quaternary studies in Ireland. Membership, newsletter, events, publications, committee.
- History of Irish Coinage with an catalog and high resolution pictures.
Irish Settlement Studies
- Moderated discussion group for all aspects of settlement in Ireland from earliest times to present. Part of the Irish Archaeology and History Mailinglist Suite.
Irish Stone Axe Project
- National University College Dublin aims to create a database of all known Irish stone axes. Outline, personnel and publications. Abstracts and maps on-line.
Iron Age Ireland
- Moderated discussion group for the archaeology of Iron Age Ireland and related topics. Part of the Irish Archaeology and History Mailinglist Suite.
Mallow Archaeological and Historical Society
- A nonprofit society for the pursuit of the history and archaeology of the Blackwater Valley area in North Cork through field trips, lectures and the publication of an annual journal.
Nationalist Myth Challenged
- Spearhead reports that archaeologists Warner and Munnelly challenge the theory of distinct Celtic ethnicity and claim that most Irish are pre-Celtic.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor