Periods and Cultures
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Archaeological Research in Greenland
- An extensive site reviewing the history and culture of Norse settlements in Greenland.
Borg Viking Museum
- The museum is a reconstruction of a Viking chieftain's homestead. Located at Vestvågøy in Lofoten. Site contains description and pictures of the museum.
Fröjel Discovery Programme
- A study of Viking Age harbours and trade, which includes the excavation of one of the largest and most important trading places on Gotland during the Viking era. Reports can be downloaded.
Jorvik Viking Centre
- Built on the site where the York Archaeological Trust found the amazingly well-preserved remains of part of Viking Jorvik (York). A massive range of evidence was recovered and has been used to recreate every last aspect of everyday life.
L'Anse aux Meadows
- A guide from Parks Canada to this National Historic Site, with reconstructions of three Norse buildings. History with bibliography, visitor information, picture gallery and virtual tour.
The Blood of the Vikings
- A study by University College London in collaboration with the BBC of the genetic contribution of the Vikings in the British Isles. Does it correlate with material and linguistic evidence?
The Gokstad Viking Ship
- Stephen T. Benninghoff gives a photograph and description of the ship discovered in 1880, buried in a huge mound of blue clay southwest of Oslo.
The Rise and Fall of the Vikings and the Little Ice Age
- Illustrated, scholarly study by Scott Mandia on the impact of long-term climate changes on the Viking civilization in Greenland and Iceland.
The Viking Heritage
- The Norwegian Viking Network gives illustrated descriptions of Viking sites and artifacts in Europe and Canada, provided by scholars or taken from cited sources.
The Vikings Came to North America
- An illustrated rticle from Infohub on L'Anse aux Meadows, the only authenticated Viking site in North America, a National Historic Park and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Viking Heritage Database
- Includes searchable databases of archaeological sites, museums, re-enactment groups, projects, events and reconstructions. Also maps and general information on the Vikings.
Viking Trail Official Website
- Discover the 1,000 year-old Norse settlement at Lanse aux Meadows.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor