Submit a site
General Scientific Software
DNA Sequence Software
General Biology Software
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Advanced Genetics Wizard
- Online program that calculates the distribution of offspring genotypes from dominant, codominant and recessive gene crosses, for up to 6 genes.
- Database system to build and publish synonymised checklists of species. Species descriptions include pre-established fields and detailed descriptions employing any number of user-defined fields.
- Integrated software product designed to provide automation, high throughput, and high allele-calling accuracy for linkage mapping and human identification applications. Windows NT .
Big Bench Software
- Database application designed for transgenic mouse colonies. A complete colony management software solution for Macintosh . Downloadable demo version .
Computational Genetics Software
- Information-based approach to genetics where computational tools are used instead of wet-lab techniques . It is related to statistical genetics but differs by using techniques developed in computer science .
Computational Methods & Algorithms Group
- Extensive genetic linkage analysis application resources on high performance computer systems .
- Graphically represents the effect of genetic drift on gene frequency of one or more populations for a single locus, two allele model in a closed population using stochastic simulation methods. The dos program is free.
Finnish Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding
- Links to population and quantitative genetic software of interest in tree improvement, but also useful in other species.
Genetic Network Maps as Java Applets
- Genetic networks controlling development in Sea Urchin represented as Java applets. Formal scheme. Molecular interactions modelled as Petri Net.
- A complete suite of population genetic analysis programs for MAC . Includes plugin modules, and the Studio environment allows others to add more.
- RASA 2.2 and other Mac software for phylogenetics, comparative genomics, and sequence analysis - from Penn State University.
Global Pedigree Services
- Offers the capability to use interactive telephone and internet technology to collect, analyze, display, modify and distribute pedigree information in a faster, less expensive, and confidential method.
Hands on Genetics
- Instructional software for basic genetics, such as DNA, PCR, Mendel, Hardy-Weinberg, meiosis and computer simulations. Download WIN and MAC demos and order online.
Istituto di Genetica Biochimica ed Evoluzionistica
- Program that performs a permutation-based statistical test to detect genetic divergence among populations from DNA fingerprinting data . Downloadable source Fortran code, executable files and user manual .
Linkage Analysis Software List
- Extensive list of linkage, mapping and pedigree software with links for obtaining copies.
Locus Technology, Inc
- Colony management, supports creation and tracking of research animals: transgenic and congenic lines, knockouts and outbred strains.
- Software for selective mapping and bin mapping by Daniel Brown and Todd Vision. WIN version, documentation and references are available here.
MuStaR Sequence Variant Database Software
- Designed to create a database of mutation loci, to make this information available to as many people as possible.
- Program designed for automated construction of genetic maps from The Rockefeller University.
- Software that models population genetics with emphasis on genetic drift, selection, and migration.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor