Submit a site
Instruments and Supplies
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- A page of links and articles.
BBC Nature Online - Plant Zone
- Includes wildlife videos, games, and competitions.
BioScience Research Tool: Botany
- Specialized directory of online tools and resources selected for Botanists, Plant Physiologists, and Plant Molecular Geneticists.
Biota of North American Program
- North American distribution map sponsored by the North Carolina Botanical Garden.
Botanical Authors database
- Search the database of authors who contributed to the contents of the catalog of type specimens in the Harvard University Herbaria.
Botanical Publications database
- Database of publications used to verify the entry of publication names in the Harvard Herberaria catalog.
Botanical Society of America Image Collection
- Educational images for instructional use, with a search of the site. There are 14 collections of photos.
Botany Encyclopedia of Plants.
- Provides general description of plants, various methods of cultivation, soil and temperature requirements, pruning.
- a botanical research and biotechnology organization specializing in tissue culture, photomicroscopy, and the production of educational materials for universities.
Center for Plant Conservation
- Collaborative organization dedicated to conserving and restoring the rare native plants of the United States. Includes information on collections of rare and endangered plants.
- Information on various plant genomes, as well as links and newsletters.
Environmental Plant Biology at UC Davis
- Consists of links to UC Davis faculty and programs involved in environmental plant biology. It is intended mainly for students interested in graduate study in environmental plant biology.
- Textual review of the development of evolutionary trees in botany.
Glossary of Botanical Terms
- Contains more than 2,500 terms relating to botany, gardening, horticulture and landscape architecture. Fully searchable and it is regularly updated.
Green Plant Phylogeny Home Page
- Green plant phylogeny research coordination group.
Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation
- A division of Carnegie Mellon University. Archives, research, art, and information about the institute are included.
International Centre for Research and Training on Seabuckthorn
- Information on the biology of this plant and its uses for environmental, economic, nutritional, and medical purposes; emphasizing erosion control.
International Plant Genetic Resources Institute
- IPGRI is an international research institute with a mandate to advance the conservation and use of genetic diversity for the well-being of present and future generations. The site contains extensive information on regional activities and networks, country information, specific crops, training materials, legal and technical documents.
Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research
- Conducts research programs on molecular-biological, genetical, biochemical, physiological and cytological aspects of plant development and plant breeding. [English and German versions available.]
Oasis Botanical Sanctuary
- A environmental organization dedicated to the "Restoration of Ecolibrium" Through the preservation of endangered and threatened plants. A California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor