Submit a site
Plant Molecular Biology
The Environment in Agriculture
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- A resource for information on abscisic acid, abscisic acid analogs and other related phytohormones.
An Explanation of Plant Hormones
- An alternative view of plant hormones. This opinion is not part of current scientific thinking but proposes a broad theory on the role of plant hormones in plant life.
Czech Laboratory of Growth Regulators
- Joint facility of Palacky University, Olomouc and the Institute of Experimental Botany, Czech Republic. The laboratory is involved in study of both plant and animal growth regulators (cytokinin, auxin, CDK inhibitors - olomoucin, roscovitin).
Environmental Biology Group at the Australian National University
- Details of this group in the Research School for Biological Sciences. Covers the group's current research into 'fundamental aspects of plant physiological responses and adaptations to environmental variation and environmental stresses, including global climate change.'
Global Change and Terrestrial Ecosystems - Focus 1 Homepage
- The ecosystem physiology program within the Global Change and Terrestrial Ecosystems Core project. Includes details of the program, conferences, publications and science highlights.
Institute of Plant Physiology at the Bulgarian Acadamy of Sciences
- Acad. M. Popov Institute of Plant Physiology of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences is a research centre for plant physiology and biochemistry in Bulgaria. The main research areas are plant growth and development, regulation of photosynthesis, plant mineral nutrition and plant water relations, and regulation of plant metabolism and gene expression.
Laboratory of Plant Physiology, University of Groningen
- Plant Physiology lab, headed by Prof. T. Elzenga at the University of Groningen. Includes individual pages by members of the lab.
Madore Lab - Plant Metabolism and Physiology
- The Madore Lab, University of California, USA researches plant carbohydrate metabolism, especially the unusual form of translocated sugars,e.g. raffinose family oligosaccharides. These oligosaccharides have been found in many plant families, however, their roles and metabolism are not well understood. They also research amino acid metabolism in plants since it is closely related to carbohydrate metabolism in terms of substrates and energy resources.
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology in Golm
- The mission of the MPI-MP institute is to study biological phenomena in plants at a molecular level using systems (whole plant) biology to create a holistic picture of metabolism in the context of growth and development.
Natural Environment Research Council
- NERC is the leading body in the UK for research, survey, monitoring and training in the environmental sciences. NERC supports research and training in universities and in its own Centres, Surveys and Units.
Nitrogen Fixation Research Center
- Studies on the biological fixation of nitrogen at the National Autonomous University of Mexico.
- The Photosynthesis Center at Arizona State University is a multidisciplinary group doing research in several areas of photosynthesis. Also, links to many other related sites.
Photosynthesis and the World Wide Web
- A directory of educational photosynthesis sites, incudes list of researchers, research groups and other sites.
- A collection of links to photosynthesis-related sites.
- This page gives an introduction to phototropism (a plant's response to light).
- A comprehensive site on plant hormones from the University of Bristol, UK.
Plant Photobiology Notes
- How plants respond to light, and the study of these responses. Links to suppliers, publishers, journals, etc.
Plant Physiology Links for Students and Teachers
- A large number of links that might be useful to students of plant physiology.
Plant Physiology Resources
- A listing of plant physiology web resources from the Australian National University Department of Biology.
Plant Physiology Section of the Botanical Institute at the University of Basel
- This sections contains research groups working on: ethylene, mycorrhiza, fructans and other areas.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor