Library and Information Science
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Access, Internet, and Public Libraries
- A report to the Santa Clara County Libraries. Studies the issues involved in providing access to the internet in public libraries. Discusses a variety of possible solutions, including filtering, restricted access, blocking software in children's rooms, training, parental permission, etc.
Are we ready for the library of the future?
- Article from Salon Magazine theorizing that new technology in libraries is only more efficient if patrons can use it. Argues that the role of librarians now includes being teachers of technology.
Disability Resources for Libraries
- Links to disabilities documents, library services examples, and other resources, from the Michigan Electronic Library.
Falling Through the Net
- Released July 8, 1999 by the US Department of Commerce, a series of three reports in the Falling Through the Net series on the telecommunications and information technology gap in the United States.
Innovative Internet Applications in Libraries
- Highlights examples of effective use of the Internet in the following categories: virtual reference desks, innovative Internet librarians, library e-journals, image maps in public library sites, e-mail subscription newsletters in public libraries, book and reading lists, special collections (exhibits), and online catalogs.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor