Library and Information Science
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Active Learning Odyssey
- Report of a workshop on active learning and library instruction. Includes summary of important information relating to the topic and links to relevant references.
Active Learning and Library Instruction
- Describes how active learning can be used in teaching information skills.
Annotated Selected Bibliography of Full-Text Web-Based Articles Relating to Library Instruction
- Selection of Internet resources relating to library instructional issues.
BI-L Mailing List Archive
- A searchable archive of message digests from the Bibliographic Instruction Mailing List, BI-L. Postings on the list include topics like: approaches to information literacy, strategies and tools for teaching specific skills and concepts, and managing electronic library classrooms. To subscribe to this list, send a SUBSCRIBE BI-L message to LISTSERV@listserv.byu.edu
Bibliography of Print Resources on Library Instruction
- Extensive list of print resources relating to information literacy and library instruction divided into ten categories.
California Clearinghouse on Library Instruction North Depository
- Provides information literacy materials including catalog guides, subject guides, syllabi, tutorials, and tours.
- Collaborative effort between Ohiolink and the Academic Library Association of Ohio which provides access to tutorials and guides for library databases.
LIRT Research Committee -- Library Instruction Teaching Tips
- Provides access to a series of brief brochures on teaching issues like classroom management and presentation skills. Each brochure includes a bibliography. Developed by the Library Instruction Round Table of the American Library Association.
LOEX Clearinghouse for Library Instruction
- Lists important conferences for information literacy professionals. Notable links include a listing of information literacy course syllabi, guides for writing library assignments, and sites about electronic library classrooms.
Lessons Learned: Exemplary Practices in Teaching Web Evaluation
- Stategies and resources for teaching students to evaluate Web resources are described here.
Library Instruction Outside North America in the 20th Century
- Site examines international library instruction efforts in the last century. Includes a bibliography.
Library Instruction Round Table
- Interest group of the American Library Association provides resources and articles relating to library instruction and information literacy.
Library Instruction Tutorials
- A guide to evaluating web sites for use in a library and links to tutorials.
Personalization Tools for Active Learning in Digital Libraries
- Article analyzing the use of active learning in libraries as it relates in media tools.
Remember the Gin and Tonic! Using Alcohol to Teach Boolean Searching
- Humorous article describes how drink mixing can be used as an analogy for Boolean search construction when teaching students.
Understanding Call Numbers
- Guide to help students understand how call numbers work.
Using Outcome-Based Education in the Planning and Teaching of New Information Technologies
- Describes the concept of outcome-based education and applies it to library instruction. Concludes that outcome-based education is a good fit for library instruction.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor