Submit a site
Malthus, Thomas Robert
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
- Instant summaries in graphics and text of the demographic characteristics of the U.S. population. From Population Reference Bureau, non-profit organization for objective research.
Beyond Malthus: 16 Dimensions of the Population Problem
- Description of book published by the WorldWatch Institute.
CEI Environmental Briefing Book Issue Brief: Population
- Information on overpopulation from the Competitive Enterprise Institute.
CNIE's Population/Environment Database
- Resource center on population and the environment, maintained by the Center for the National Institute of the Environment.
Carrying Capacity Network
- An activist network concerned with national revitalization, population stabilization, immigration reduction, sustainable economic activity, and resource conservation.
- The site requests feedback from ordinary people as well as experts in this area on a voluntary sterilization approach (research for a novel).
International Population Stabilization and Reproductive Health Act (S. 1029)
- Congressional testimony by Sheldon Richman of the Cato Institute. Argues that there is no population problem.
Journal of Population Research
- Peer-reviewed international journal which publishes papers on population-related issues.
Laissez-Faire in Population: The Least Bad Solution
- Economist David Friedman argues that there is no justification in economic theory for the widely believed notion that the results of allowing parents freely to decide how many children they have must, in the long run, be catastrophic under any tolerable social institutions.
National Audubon Society Population and Habitat Program
- Supports voluntary family planning as a key element in conserving and restoring natural ecosystems.
- Discusses population issues, impacts and solutions.
Population Association of America
- PAA is a non-profit, scientific, professional organization established to promote the improvement, advancement and progress of the human race through research of problems related to human population.
Population Organizations: Finder's Guide
- 1997 compilation -- this is a text list, not a list of links
Population, Poverty and Environment
- Four documents from a 1998 FAO workshop that addressed the questions of how to enhance the contribution of population programmes to poverty alleviation and the promotion of sustainable development.
- Promoting dialogue concerning population and its effects.
What is the population myth?
- Anarchist point of view: The idea that population growth is the key cause of ecological problems is extremely commonplace. It is, however, a gross distortion of the truth. Capitalism is the main cause of both overpopulation and the ecological crisis.
- Aimed at doodlers worldwide, this offers a unique chance to contribute your portrait to a special exhibit that will show 6 billion drawings of the world's people together for the first time ever.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor