Submit a site
RU-486 and Medical Abortion
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Abortion - What Do You Think?
- Online gallery which welcomes artwork from both sides of the abortion issue. Currently, most of the art is from a pro-life perspective.
Abortion Articles in The Atlantic Monthly
- A collection of articles on abortion. Generally pro-choice, with some pro-life and mixed opinions also expressed.
Abortion Debates and Polls
- Pro and Con forum.
Abortion in Law, History, and Religion
- Outlines the history of abortion, restrictions on it, different religious views of abortion, and its current and evolving legal status around the world.
Abortion: History of Abortion in the United States
- Article on the history of abortion in the United States, plus links to further information on abortion in the US and around the world. Includes prochoice and prolife links.
Almanac of Policy Issues: Abortion
- News, background information, and links on abortion policy, including Roe v. Wade, RU-486, fetal tissue research, and related issues.
Callahans on Pluralistic Dialogues and Consensus, The
- "Breaking through the Stereotypes," written by the pro-choice Director of the Hastings Institute and a pro-life psychology professor - who are also married to one another.
Civic Practices Network: Common Ground
- Describes how pro-life and pro-choice groups use dialogue and shared concerns to find common ground.
Court of Appeals' Decision on Parental Notification (4th Cir. 1998)
- Decision which upheld the Virginia parental notification - abortion statute. "To hold otherwise, we are convinced, would be to turn child from parent, and parent from child ...." Full text.
Ethics Update Site
- Effective meta-site containing facilitated access to relevant articles, books, court decisions, and current news articles. Biographical guide, discussion forum, Internet resources.
Fairfield County Weekly: Roe v. Wade
- Five articles about abortion in America before the Roe v. Wade decision. One is a personal account of the reasons for being a pro-life activist. The other four look at various aspects of the history of abortion in the U.S., from a pro-choice perspective.
- Research study published in Psychology Today (Oct. 1998) addresses the relative developmental capabilities of the human fetus at particular gestation points. Relevant to abortion considerations.
Induced Abortion - Canadian Perinatal Surveillance System
- Statistics about abortion in Canada, with comparisons to data from other countries.
Is There a Secular Case Against Abortion?
- Online debate sponsored by the Secular Web.
Is it Possible to be both Pro-Life and Pro-Choice?
- Essay by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan seeking a middle ground in the abortion debate.
Kaiser Daily Health Reports: Reproductive Health
- Daily reports on reproductive issues; often includes abortion-related news.
On Abortion: A Lincolnian Position
- Principled yet pragmatic, Lincoln's stand on slavery offers a basis for a new politics of civility that is at once anti-abortion and pro-choice. Published in the Atlantic Monthly, September 1995.
Resources on Abortion
- Includes definitions of important terms, background information on abortion law, news stories about the issue, and various opinions. Produced for the Ohio University Computer Assisted Language Learning Lab.
Roe v. Wade (1973)
- The U.S. Supreme Court decision which struck down many state laws restricting abortion. At the Legal Information Institue (Cornell University).
Stenberg v. Carhart
- U.S. Supreme Court opinions on the controversial Nebraska partial-birth abortion case. Hosted by Cornell's Legal Information Institute.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor