Submit a site
Pollution Prevention and Recycling
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Alternative Energy Primer
- Alternative Energy Primer offers information on all forms of alternative energy. Naturally, it discusses wind and solar energy, but also includes information on less common sources of power.
- Creative interdisciplinary solutions to today’s intractable land use, social, and resource issues using principles of ecological economics to integrate social, biophysical, and economic information.
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
5th World Network for Sustainable Development
- Networking and education for individuals and communities interested in sustainable development, permaculture design, and bioregional resource protection.
Albemarle Environmental Exchange
- A site for promoting environmental protection and sustainable development. Contains news, ideas, articles, resources and links.
Best Practices in Sustainable Development
- Searchable database cataloging over 650 good and best practices from more than 90 countries on how people, their communities, the public and private sectors have been able to tackle critical social, economic and environmental problems.
Bookmark Biosphere Reserve
- Bookmark is a community driven organization committed to integrating the conservation, restoration and sustainable use of Australia's landscape and biodiversity.
Center for Watershed and Community Health
- The Center assists communities, business and government to enhance the economy and environment by developing strategies to decouple economic growth, job creation and community development from environmental impacts.
Center of Excellence for Sustainable Development
- Supported by the U.S. Department of Energy. Site resources and links are related to community sustainable and sustainable living.
Communities by Choice
- A learning community made up of mostly U.S. communities committed to the practice of sustainable development. Website has tips for sustainable living as well as resources for sustainable community development.
- Explores how human society can become sustainable, and serves as a catalyst for voluntary change toward a more humane and sustainable culture.
- Nonprofit organization dedicated to building a conservation economy along North America's temperate rain forest coast, the region from San Francisco to Anchorage. Site has topical information on subjects including forest policy, salmon restoration, and urban communities.
- Book for sale. Edited by Pykh, Hyat and Lenz, it discusses the development of environmental indices and their practical application in areas of sustainability and measurement of impact of various human activities on the environment.
Esam - The Human Ecological Corporation
- Offering companies, municipalities and other organisations help with: implementing environmental management systems, environmental education and other consultant tasks. Web site includes the Agenda-21 Guide for communities. Swedish company.
- Information exchange on transport and the environment to promote an environmental sustainable transport system in Europe.
European Partners for the Environment (EPE)
- Network of European organizations, companies, trade unions and related groups working on sustainable development. Site has extensive resources on links on sustainability at all scales. Special topics include green purchasing, sustainable tourism, and Europe-specific environmental sourcebooks.
Favorite Destinations of Liberty Graphics
- Links to online resources for sustainable agriculture, ecology, wildlife, organic farming, and other environmentally concerned companies.
Five E's Unlimited
- Consulting firm that specializes in environmental sustainability, strengthened economies, and social equity. Based in Virginia.
GPI Atlantic - Genuine Progress Index for Atlantic Canada
- Non-profit research group developing an index for measuring sustainable development for Nova Scotia, integrating social, economic, and environmental variables.
Global Environment and Technology Foundation
- Information resources promoting the development and use of innovative technology to achieve sustainable development.
Global System for Sustainable Development
- A project of the Global Accords Consortium for Sustainable Development housed at MIT. GSSD consists of an index to some of the best resources and materials on sustainability on the Internet.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor