Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A 12-Step Plan for Social Security Reform
- Social Security privatization is the single most important political reform sweeping the globe today. Following Chile's highly successful move to private pensions in 1981, Argentina, Peru and Colombia privatized their social security systems in the early 1990s.
A Crazy Idea - Sell the Highway
- An amazing, perhaps even shocking, idea on how to end traffic congestion problems even near you. Gaining support from surprising places, this proposal can no longer be ignored.
Almanac of Policy Issues: Charity and Volunteerism
- News, background information and links on public policies affecting charities and volunteerism, including privatizing social services by turning to nonprofit organizations.
Background Briefing: The Party of the First Part
- Transcript of a documentary on the problems of responsibility and contractual enforcement involved in government contracting out, particularly with regard to welfare bureaucracy.
Beware the Public Broadcasting Scam
- Do you need to save Big Bird? Does PBS need taxpayer dollars? If PBS doesn't do it, who will? The secret, shocking truth revealed...
Freedom to Organize - Custom Marriage/Family Contracts
- Why should people, Christian, homosexual, and/or polyamorous, be forced to use a one-size-fits-all family contract? Whether or not the word "marriage" should be separate, the organization of a family should be returned to personal choice.
Grandfather State and Local Government Report by MWHodges
- Analyzes the exploding growth of state and local government, at 3 times faster than the economy.
How and Why to Privatize Federal Lands
- Fully a third of the land area of the United States is owned by the federal government. Although many Americans support the preservation of those lands, analysts on the left and the right agree that the federal government has done an exceedingly poor job of stewarding those resources.
Is It Time to Privatize the Postal Service?
- A conference on June 14 examined the question, "Postal Service in the 21st Century: Time to Privatize?" Among the speakers were the Postmaster General, and representatives from Loyola College, the Bionomics Institute, the Advertising Mail Marketing Association; Murray Comarow, former executive director of the commission that recommended the transformation of the Post Office into the U.S. Postal Service. Excerpts from their remarks are presented here.
Privatization -- Heritage Foundation
- A great many articles by the Heritage Foundation concerning the privatization of industries and infrastructure.
- Information on government reform, privatization, contracting out, and public/private partnerships.
Privatize the DMV
- The Cascade Policy Institute makes a surprising case for the privatization of the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Put Parents in Charge
- Organization fighting to return education to the hands of parents...if you can't trust government to simply make cars, how can you trust them to educate your children?
STOP Privatization Page!
- The e-center for campaigns and struggles against privatization in the Philippines.
Setting the Privatization Record Straight
- Six myths about privatization.
The Meaning of Privatization
- An opponent of privatization examines what he thinks this means.
The Privatization Research Center at Temple University
- Engages in and promotes the study of important topics in privatization. These include: the sale of government-owned firms to the private sector; the privatization or contracting out of government operations; encouraging competition among government service providers; using market incentives to improve efficiency; and related topics on deregulation, private-government partnerships, and management.
Union Launches Anti-Privatization Campaign
- A Federal employee union, unsurprisingly, launches a campaign against privatizing the government programs which give them paychecks.
Why Congress Should Privatize Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac
- The original mission of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, establishing an efficient secondary mortgage market, has been fulfilled. Thus, Congress should take steps to end the relationship between these organizations and the federal government.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor