Free Trade Area of the Americas
Submit a site
News and Media
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
A20.org - International Day of Action
- Central resource for information on the next festival of resistance, fighting the FTAA, including organization information, Internet resources, and media coverage.
Alliance for Responsible Trade (ART): Quebec City Peoples' Summit
- Information about the alternative "People's Summit", mobilizing and taking action for just and sustainable trade policies.
Anti-Capitalist Convergence of Montreal
- Mobilizing and sharing information about organizing efforts against the FTAA and the Summit of the Americas in Quebec City in April of 2001.
Coalition to Shut Down the OAS/FTAA
- A group of anti-capitalist organizations that protested the Organization of American States meetings which discussed the Free Trade Area of the Americas agreement, in Windsor, Canada June 4-6, 2000,
Common Frontiers: Quebec Second Peoples Summit
- News, schedule of events and resources for the actions against the Summit of the Americas in Quebec in April, 2001.
Field Guide to the FTAA Protest in Quebec City
- An evolving document preparing activists with all the details in a comprehensive guide organized by category.
- Radical information on action and organizing the resistance to FTAA.
Jobs with Justice Call To Action
- Resources, local action calendar, presentation materials and union statements on FTAA.
Liberate the Text Campaign
- Letter urging the publishing of the current negotiating texts of the FTAA so that an informed public debate on the nature of that accord can take place.
Mexico Solidatirty Network: FTAA
- Information on workshops educating ordinary people on the impact of free trade agreements on their lives.
New Study Peers Behind the Fortified Walls of Quebec City at the Americas Free Trade Negotiations
- Released by the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives.
No Democracy in Quebec City A20-23
- Coverage of the events that will forever be in the memories of Canadians as the day democracy died. Over 40,000 people decended upon the Summit meetings to show their disagreement with the FTAA. The peaceful protesters were blocked by a 100 million dollar wall and attacked by police with gas bombs, plastic bullets, stun guns, and water cannons.
Opération Québec Printemps (OQP) 2001
- Organizing and educating to fight global market liberalization through teach-ins and protesting the Summit of the Americas, including the campaign mission, code of ethics, propaganda and lodging for activists.
- A direct action network based in Quebec, with information on opposing FTAA and organizing to stop the Summit of the Americas in April, 2001.
Resisting the FTAA
- Comprehensive list of resources and links, with information on transportation and housing.
- The Alliance for Sustainable Jobs and the Environment's (ASJE) global trade working group for opposing free trade initiatives and fast track authority, with news, alternatives, and organizing materials.
Stop the FTAA
- Local organizing, activist resources, background information on the trade agreement, event calendars, and news.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor