Submit a site
Children and Youth Services
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Alabama Family Alliance
- AFA's guiding philosophy is that all public policy is family policy, and that strong families are indispensable to the preservation of free markets and a free society.
American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- Woks to improve the quality and standards of individual and family life through programs that educate, influence public policy, disseminate information and publish research findings.
Board on Children, Youth, and Families Homepage
- The BOCYF was created in 1993 to provide an authoritative, nonpartisan analysis of child, youth, and family issues.
Childhood and Youth Web Site
- The Childhood and Youth Division serves as a centre of expertise, leadership, and coordination within the federal government and Health Canada for issues, activities, and programs concerning children and youth.
- A nonpartisan, independent voice for children based in California, working to translate the nation's commitment to children and families into action. Provides articles and resources in the areas of Children and the Media, Talking with Kids, and Working Families.
Children and Violence
- Researchers are becoming increasingly interested in violence and its affect on children. The site contains many links to other sites addressing different aspects of children and violence
Children and the Law
- Established in 1978, the ABA Center on Children and the Law's mission is to improve children's lives through advances in law, justice, knowledge, practice, and public policy.
Childrens Budget Report
- A detailed analysis of spending on low-income childrens programs in 13 states(1998).
- Provides statistical reports on the status of U.S. children and their families, including population, family characteristics, economic security, health, environment, education. From the Federal Interagency Forum on Child and Family Statistics.
- Provides children with the information and skills they need to live drug and violence free lives.
Generation - Youth Issues
- Challenging the ways children and young people are viewed and discussed - includes a critical look at the concept of "children's rights".
I Am Your Child
- A national public awareness and engagement campaign to make early childhood development a top priority for our nation.
Kierra Harrison Foundation
- Founded as a result of Kierra's tragic death by a "day care provider", this organization provides information and support to parents and others to fight for change in the laws and regulations regarding the child care system. Find a monthly newsletter, articles, links to resources and support organizations.
National Association for Family-Based Services
- A non-profit organization promoting effective, culturally appropriate services to families. Committed to innovation through advocacy, sharing knowledge and skills, and supporting the design and implementation of humane public policy.
Promoting Christian Child Care Alternatives
- Resources for child protection, advise and help for those suffering abuse and for those who have a resposibility for children.
Saskatchewan's Action Plan for Children
- Strategic Directions is a key part of the government's social policy agenda.
The Benefits of Treating Kids Like People
- Dissertation demonstrating the long-term benefits of the junior republic movement's child-rearing philosophy and recounting the history of the construction of childhood.
The Children's Partnership - TCP
- Offers a parents guide to the information super highway, next generation reports, TCP publications, TCP Programs including: Children and Technology, Children and Healthcare Reform and Building a Constituency for Children.
The Children's Society
- Children and young people are shaped by the communities they live in, and by the people who surround them. The Children's Society concentrates its resources on tackling the root causes of the problems these children and young people face.
The Future of Children
- Online publication by the David and Lucile Packard Foundation whose primary purpose is to disseminate timely information on major issues related to children's well-being.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor