Children, Youth and Family
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Action Alliance for Children
- Publisher of the Children's Advocate news magazine covering trends and policy issues affecting children and their families.
Advocates for Children
- Provides support and information for parenting in a complex world through the Parent Resource Center.
American Youth Policy Forum
- Nonpartisan professional development organization providing learning opportunities for policymakers working on youth issues at the local, state and national levels.
Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Private charitable organization dedicated to helping build better futures for disadvantaged children in the U.S. Initiatives are related to reducing teen pregnancy, improving foster care, education reform, alternatives to juvenile detention, neighborhood improvement, and increased public awareness of children's issues.
Association to Benefit Children
- Childrens advocacy group with an array of programs that provide services in education, health, housing, metal health and employment.
- An electronic magazine for children's advocacy professionals, with news and articles on legal issues, medical and mental health topics related to the care of abused and neglected children.
British Columbia Child & Youth Advocacy Movement
- A coalition of 40 Provincial Organizations and hundreds of community groups who promote legislation, policy and practice that will enable children and youth to achieve their full potential and to participate in making a better world.
Buryat Families: Helping those left behind
- A group concerned with the plight of abandoned and homeless children in Siberia.
Campaign 2000 - End Child Poverty in Canada
- A cross-Canada public education movement to build public awareness and support for the 1989 all-party House of Commons resolution to end child poverty in Canada by the year 2000.
Channel One Problems
- A coalition of progressive and conservative groups opposing Channel One's presence in the schools, with extensive links to testimony, data, and activism.
Child Labor Coalition
- National network for the exchange of information about child labor, providing a forum and a unified voice on protecting working minors and ending child labor exploitation, and develop informational and educational outreach to the public and private sectors.
Child Mental Health Advocate
- The Advocate serves the needs of children, families and professionals while addressing mental health issues.
- An organization created to ensure the protection of children from, and a zero tolerance attitude toward, the occurrence of physical, emotional and sexual abuse within our schools and community.
- Promotes the prevention, treatment and education of child abuse and neglect, through body safety programs for kids, residential treatment for abused children, and helpful lectures for adults - all free of charge - as well as the National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-4-A-CHILD.
- Joint effort of Children's Hospital Medical Center of Cincinnati, the University of Cincinnati and concerned citizens, dedicated to stopping the pain of child abuse through education, evaluation, and treatment for victimized children and their families.
Children and Armed Conflict Unit
- Database containing up-to-date information on issues about children and armed conflict, including press releases and links to other relevant sites.
Children's Defense Fund
- Advocacy for American children, particularly poor and minority children and those with disabilities. Issues and programs include: Head Start, Healthy Start, Stand for Children, child care, health insurance, child safety, moral education.
Children's Rights Council
- National non-profit organization that works to assure children meaningful and continuing contact with both their parents and extended family, regardless of the parents' marital status.
Christian Children's Fund
- This site is dedicated to providing long-term care to needy children worldwide by offering information on child sponsorship and poverty reduction, action alerts, and online donation options.
Citizens' Committee for Children of New York
- New York City's oldest city-based, multi-issue child advocacy organization. This site offers alerts and facts about kids in NY.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor