Children, Youth and Family
Submit a site
whatUseek Collection Sites
submit a site
Give your site great placement in this category in as little as two business days!
whatUseek Directory Site Listings:
Child Labor Coalition
- National network for the exchange of information about child labor, providing a forum and a unified voice on protecting working minors and ending child labor exploitation, and develop informational and educational outreach to the public and private sectors.
Child Labor Opinion Poll
- There is little doubt that the majority of people in the "developed world" are opposed to child labor. But what is the best way to bring it to an end?
Child Labor and Society
- This site seeks to move beyong just saying "child labor is wrong", to understand the social conditions that lead to children being forced to work.
Child Labor and The Global Village: Photography for Social Change
- A team of 11 photographers who will be photographing the worlds of 11 child workers around the world. By photographing individual children within their families, communities, countries they hope to show behind the "child labor" label.
Child Labor in India and USA
- A student site comparing the cases of India and the United States with regard to child labor (especially Washington State) and advocating compulsory education and better schooling in India.
Child Labor in Pakistan
- Pakistan has recently passed laws greatly limiting child labor and indentured servitude, but those laws are universally ignored, and some 11 million children, aged four to fourteen, keep that country's factories operating, often working in brutal and squalid conditions. (Atlantic Monthly)
Child Labor links
- Links to the "Free the Children" organization,the home page of the International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour, The ILO's report on Child Labour Today: Facts and Figures, The ILO's photo essay on child labor and more.
Child Labor: Issues and Directions for the World Bank -- Contents
- This paper proposes that the World Bank take stronger action - and outlines what to do and how - to help address the issue more pro-actively, partnering with others who share a similar concern about the damage to children, their development, and their society's development.
Child Labor: Issues, Causes and Intervention
- Working paper from the World Bank's Human Capital Development and Operations.
Child Workers in Asia
- CWA is a network of individuals involved in the child labour movement in various countries in Asia. Recognizing that the most effective way to create change is through grass-roots involvement and local advocacy, CWA has worked over the last ten years to foster the development of child focused non government organizations across Asia.
Christian Morality: Issue on Child Labor
- Tackles the issue on Child Labor especially in the Philippines, where an estimated 2 million children are compelled to work. It relates the problems caused by child labor, some analysis, and advocacy against the issue.
Connections: Child Labor in China
- Personal website of findings about child labor through a student project.
Crusades Against Child Labor
- The National Consumers League provides news and information regarding their involvement in fighting the issue of child labor.
Fingers to the Bone: United States Failure to Protect Child Farmworkers
- This report found that child farmworkers in the United States often work twelve- and fourteen-hour days, and risk pesticide poisoning, heat illness, injuries and life-long disabilities. The vast majority of them are Latino.
Free The Children
- Addresses the issue of child labor in developing countries.
Global March Against Child Labor
- Child labor condemns millions of children around the world to a life of servitude. Reports, papers and details of the Global March Against Child Labor which took place in 1998.
Human Rights Watch - Child Labor
- Includes information about bonded child labor and the international trafficking of children, and links to detailed reports.
Secret Child Labor in America
- Fifty-nine years after Congress outlawed child labor in its most onerous forms, underage children still toil in fields and factories scattered across America.
South Africa: Children's Constitutional Rights
- The new Constitution gave children rights which they should use to prepare themselves for the challenges of the future.
Stopping Child Labor Through Education
- This site contains a history of child labor, reforms, companies who use child labor, links, and a message board.
Help build the largest human-edited directory on the web.
Submit a Site
Open Directory Project
Become an Editor